Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Will be a miracle of no one dies. Can't help but think it has run out of fuel trying to get back to SECC. A woman from Govanhill said it had been hovering over head with spotlight on railway line for quite a long time before incident.

There was somebody hit by a train between central & cambuslang earlier so it may have been hovering there because of that

BBC Live Update

02:23

Ryan from Glasgow

A relative of mine is a fire fighter on the scene. There are fatalities and the inside of the pub is unstable. He says there are many injuries including loss of limbs. I spoke to him about 45 minutes ago. He's inside the pub which is being cleared bit by bit. He said people are trapped but they cant "rush" in case they cause more injuries, so it is slow progress at the moment. He said there are deaths but I don't know how many, but he can see some people have been killed beneath the rubble.

f**k. :(

But if it was running out of fuel, then surely it could have glided to safety? and its not as thought Glasgow is short on open spaces it could have landed without trying to race back to the helipad

Yeah when someone mentioned that I wondered why he didn't try to head over to Glasgow Green on the other side of the river, plenty of space there to land safely.

But if it was running out of fuel, then surely it could have glided to safety? and its not as thought Glasgow is short on open spaces it could have landed without trying to race back to the helipad

I think it may have had problems and going towards the river, possibly to try and fly back to base but unfortunately didn't make it that far. It is strange that no one has reported the flight path of the helicopter, it seems to have dropped straight down onto the pub.

I wish the asian gentleman with the starry bunnet had managed to get 10 or 20 pals round Jim Murphy, it's really embarrassing watching neds making an arse of themselves in a news item that will be going global.

Will be a miracle of no one dies. Can't help but think it has run out of fuel trying to get back to SECC. A woman from Govanhill said it had been hovering over head with spotlight on railway line for quite a long time before incident.

I saw something on twitter during the day that a person was hit by a train on the Glasgow central line today, so it makes sense that the helicopter may have been doing something related to that incident.

That post from Ryan on the bbc (02:23) has been changed from

Ryan from Glasgow

A relative of mine is a fire fighter on the scene. There are fatalities and the inside of the pub is unstable. He says there are many injuries including loss of limbs. I spoke to him about 45 minutes ago. He's inside the pub which is being cleared bit by bit. He said people are trapped but they cant "rush" in case they cause more injuries, so it is slow progress at the moment. He said there are deaths but I don't know how many, but he can see some people have been killed beneath the rubble.

to

Ryan from Glasgow

A relative of mine is a fire fighter on the scene. He's inside the pub which is being cleared bit by bit. He said people are trapped but they cant "rush" in case they cause more injuries, so it is slow progress at the moment.

:unsure:

Edited by meanmistermustard