SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

This is Ember with my eldest, Poppy.

image.png.87e5c3ee2505f413168a8d98301556e4.png

And again with my youngest, Daisy.

image.png.d68b2f145a223e6db7c8a22000cb9e6d.png

The two of them have been great with her, though Daisy gets a bit too excited at times, forgetting she's about 20 x bigger than Ember, trampling on top of her..

We weren't sure if Bert had any deerhound in him, but that all changed today at the Banchory Show where some deerhound owners clocked him due to knowing Bert's previous owner:

PXL_20240727_1214402542.thumb.jpg.a5323daedff770ef07dfa3d3a72ab871.jpg

Those brows.

Shugs right leg seems very weak. He's standing flat pawed and not looking great at all.

Horny old b*****d still trying to hump pup (he's fixed)..I know vet said can take a couple jags before we see benefits. He doesn't seem in particular pain but it looks like it's going to snap 🙈

Vet on Monday for him.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Shugs right leg seems very weak. He's standing flat pawed and not looking great at all.

Horny old b*****d still trying to hump pup (he's fixed)..I know vet said can take a couple jags before we see benefits. He doesn't seem in particular pain but it looks like it's going to snap 🙈

Vet on Monday for him.

Might be worth asking if there's a more traditional medication Shug could have over the librela if it's not making a difference for him. I reckon Skye is hopefully just about done recovering from it. She went just about completely off her back legs the day after her 4th injection which was on the 2nd July I think.

She managed a fair few longer walks on her holidays (3-4 miles) and that was from falling over randomly on quarter mile walks a few weeks earlier. She also did a few wee bouts of (admittedly slow) zoomies.

There is something weird whereby all reported side effects have to be included in the drug pamphlet in Canada and it lists ataxia as one of the recorded side effects for the trials in dogs. I think the UK version of the pamphlet only includes the most common side effects, which are all fairly inconsequential, so vets here think it's an amazing drug with no notable side effects.

To be fair, it'll be working well for some dogs but Skye got an injection of it every month for 4 months and definately got worse overall.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

We weren't sure if Bert had any deerhound in him, but that all changed today at the Banchory Show where some deerhound owners clocked him due to knowing Bert's previous owner:

PXL_20240727_1214402542.thumb.jpg.a5323daedff770ef07dfa3d3a72ab871.jpg

Those brows.

C'mon Hedgy, where's Bert's 'Best in Banchory Show' rosette ?

13 hours ago, RH33 said:

They did say it takes 2-3 goes. He's off for a few quiet days.

Aye we got told injection 2 was when you generally started seeing a better difference. Hopefully it works for Shug.

Got a text from my daughter saying she got her first full night's sleep in bed, without having to go down sleeping on the couch next to Ember, trying to get her to sleep in her crate.

image.png.0ffc99516f49f4c4ebbf2d3cf867c9dc.png

Can be trying not giving in to them crying and barking, usually takes about 4 nights getting them used to it, but just needs patience and some sleepless nights persisting with it till it's her bedtime routine then she'll be fine. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I was going to crate train the puppy but in first weeks when we went out and I left camera on she was hugely distressed. The other two weren't crate trained and came to me as adults. She wanted be with her pack.

Now they all seem just sleep on my bed when we're out 🤣

I'm seriously considering not getting any more Liberia jags for Shug.

His back end it so weak, his legs look like they collapse at elbow. Got the dog walker look at him walking in lane and she agreed. Totally flat pawed.

He's at the vet tomorrow for his next but I think I'm going to say no.