The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well it's 19-18 to the Young Whippersnappers so far, but only in terms of the number of entries submitted. The scores are quite close too - I'll post the first raft of results at lunchtime.

@Swarley - apologies for that UK-centric question ... now you know how we feel every time we're asking about Australian politicians in the Aussie quiz (which isn't your fault admittedly!). 

Oh, and in Aussie quiz league news, this current league will be a MEGALEAGUE. Which means it'll run over 2 weeks - this week AND the next one (I can't remember whether the lazy drongos will do a quiz on Xmas day anyway)  ... plus I'm off to Canada on Saturday and my league / cup paperwork is stacking up anyway. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Things are hotting up in the Quizmas Cup ... 4 results are in and it's toight. ...

WhiteRoseKillie was a little bit rusty after a long sabbatical from quizzing duties, but a healthy 9 was enough to scoop the tie for the Old Guard. 1-0 to them.

Jagfox99 5 blackislekillie 7
WhiteRoseKillie 9 NJ2 4

Some big scores in the next tie. BigBo is rightly pleased with his "highest ever cup score". But it's a tie between the highest scores so far ... so 1.5 - 0.5 to the OG

cowden0 10 BigBo10 8
die hard doonhamer 4 MSU 10

More high scores in the next tie. Newcomer Mark Connolly posts a very respectable score, but Christophe clinches the tie for the 'snappers. 1.5-1.5.

If you're wondering why this one is in yellow .... it's "reasons" ...

Peasy23 8 Christophe 10
Dee_62 6 Mark Connolly 8

And finally, goals galore in the last tie. Kincardine must be sick as a carrot that 9 isn't the winning score, but Edmund's knowledge of UK mobile phone providers saw him scoop a 10 and the tie. Old Guard 2.5 - 1.5 Young Whippersnappers

Edmund 10 The_Kincardine 9
Zen Archer 9 gkneil 7

13 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Well done ZenA. A pun free victory.

Your Eminence I'll try to participate for the rest of this week but my sister in law has just succumbed to Jimmy Dancer so I might be absent at times.

shit man. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out. I'll not nag you if you've not responded then. 

Thanks CR. Apologies for venting here but football aside, I've never experienced seeing someone in go downhill rapidly.

Sounds like it all happened very fast mate. I guess you can try take solace that it wasn’t years of suffering but I appreciate that doesn’t make things any easier just now.

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And finally, goals galore in the last tie. Kincardine must be sick as a carrot that 9 isn't the winning score, but Edmund's knowledge of UK mobile phone providers saw him scoop a 10 and the tie. Old Guard 2.5 - 1.5 Young Whippersnappers

Zen Archer 9 gkneil 7

Well done you two.  Can't complain at that defeat.  It does remind me of why Zen Archer is my least favourite Ambridge resident, though...

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Your Eminence I'll try to participate for the rest of this week but my sister in law has just succumbed to Jimmy Dancer so I might be absent at times.

Sorry to hear about you sister in law, mate.  That's a shite thing to happen.  Burly man-hug from 'up here'.

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Things are hotting up in the Quizmas Cup ... 4 results are in and it's toight. ...

WhiteRoseKillie was a little bit rusty after a long sabbatical from quizzing duties, but a healthy 9 was enough to scoop the tie for the Old Guard. 1-0 to them.

Jagfox99 5 blackislekillie 7
WhiteRoseKillie 9 NJ2 4

Some big scores in the next tie. BigBo is rightly pleased with his "highest ever cup score". But it's a tie between the highest scores so far ... so 1.5 - 0.5 to the OG

cowden0 10 BigBo10 8
die hard doonhamer 4 MSU 10

More high scores in the next tie. Newcomer Mark Connolly posts a very respectable score, but Christophe clinches the tie for the 'snappers. 1.5-1.5.

If you're wondering why this one is in yellow .... it's "reasons" ...

Peasy23 8 Christophe 10
Dee_62 6 Mark Connolly 8

Zen Archer 9 gkneil 7

That's quite enough scores - we should stop now.