The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So who else is part of this shadowy conspiracy?!

Well, you, obviously. Tynie is a strong suspicion. Ziggy if he goes through. Lincoln and Christophe ended their feud abruptly and without explanation. And probably me because I ran the most successful 2018 P&B quiz World Cup.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Nine of the 16 cup scores in already.  Bet365 are in talks for a link up for the next trophy.

I’ve just completed it and am about to start doing laps of the office!!!!

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Well, you, obviously. Tynie is a strong suspicion. Ziggy if he goes through. Lincoln and Christophe ended their feud abruptly and without explanation. And probably me because I ran the most successful 2018 P&B quiz World Cup.

Heh. The Establishment is a such a secret organisation you might be a member and not even know about it. I must have missed the bit where we voted for the most successful P+B cup for 2018!

Anyway, re: the shite lateral thinking questions ...

1. Yes. He had the hiccups. Although equally, if the barman had just said "We've only got Tennent's" then it might have had the same effect. 
  2. Aye. He was testing the electric chair. What a bollocks. 
  3. This question is bollocks as well. I can't tell you why it's bollocks without revealing the answer. But trust me, it's bollocks. 

Heh. The Establishment is a such a secret organisation you might be a member and not even know about it. I must have missed the bit where we voted for the most successful P+B cup for 2018!
Anyway, re: the shite lateral thinking questions ...
  1. Yes. He had the hiccups. Although equally, if the barman had just said "We've only got Tennent's" then it might have had the same effect. 
  2. Aye. He was testing the electric chair. What a bollocks. 
  3. This question is bollocks as well. I can't tell you why it's bollocks without revealing the answer. But trust me, it's bollocks. 

Was there another P&B World Cup quiz in 2018? Probably a secret one held for the beaks! Us humble quizzers deserve better.
Re the elevator / dead wife guy...power cut in a hospital?

8 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Was there another P&B World Cup quiz in 2018? Probably a secret one held for the beaks! Us humble quizzers deserve better.
Re the elevator / dead wife guy...power cut in a hospital?

Aye. We did have a secret quiz. I believe Bully Wee Villa won the car ... I had to make do with the 2 weeks in Caribbean as a booby prize. 

And yeah, you're right ... power cut and his wife was on life support, so h e knew she was dead. AS IF HOSPITALS DON'T HAVE BACK UP POWER. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Aye. We did have a secret quiz. I believe Bully Wee Villa won the car ... I had to make do with the 2 weeks in Caribbean as a booby prize. 
And yeah, you're right ... power cut and he knew his wife was dead. AS IF HOSPITALS DON'T HAVE BACK UP POWER. 

Bloody knew it! Should have suspected BWV was in the inner circle as well. What kind of self respecting moderator would waste their time with stupid Oz quizzes?!
NHS mate, can’t afford ‘em cos we send all our money to the EU but once Brexit is sorted £350m a week directly in to the NHS and we’ll have back up back up generators!

16 hours ago, Tynierose said:

.    Everyone else who was pumped oot the 1st round feel free to have a shot.

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1901171334404921&     

4/10. Just as well I got knocked out.

And here's a list of this week's stragglers:

Deadline tomorrow at some time between 1201 and 2359 hrs. 

The great thing about being a mod is that if you make a howler of a mistake, you can delete all evidence of it. 

It's always nice to see a new name on the non-existent Premiership trophy. Amazingly, despite German Jag being in the league longer than Rangers, he's never won a solitary piece of gold, silver or bronzeware. That all changes now. Take a bow GJ. The DA narrowly misses out on gaining his 1st gold too, so will have to make do with his not-quite-gold medal. 

At the other send, all the modding privileges in the world couldn't save Bully Wee Villa, CaspianChris goes south, and Salvo is in the play-offs. 

image.png.14b20544f11360ce50fd0ee97728bbe7.png

In the SWL, one of the league's most decorated members - MSU - returns to his natural habitat. Mark Connolly - a recent addition after the Christmas draft - joins him in the top shop after clinching 2nd place on "BNQD". And wastecoatwilly's trophy cabinet might be emptier than Rangers' but he gets himself a well-deserved play-off space. 

At the other end, pleslie99 struggled to mix it with the medium-sized boys after a long league absence and is relegated along with Adam101. JamesP_81 slips into the play-offs, again on BNQD. 

image.png.a83728fe163fa56e4155a3c88ec6260b.png

And in the BHL, why it's your very own Cardinal Richelieu showing you heathens how it's done. Sadly, all the headlines have been hogged by newcomer Adamski getting promoted in his first season, and Rugster winning the coveted play-off space on BNQD. Attention-stealing b*****ds is all I can say.

image.png.ff99a0a6d4a7d8e2b066bd181f43fb10.png

So now it's time for your play-offs. Sadly, our play-off administrator, @SlipperyP was recently made redundant and required to hand back his laptop, so it's possible that the answers to the play-off question may need to be posted to Thailand - which could delay the start of the new league on Monday somewhat.