The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Ladies and Gentlemen, with great pleasure I announce your QWC2018 semi-final results!
The first semi was between Saudi Arabia and Ellen Vannin. Cowden0 v AFJ. Two heavyweights of the World Cup and it was classic.
Saudi Arabia (cowden0) 7 v 9 Ellan Vannin (afj).
So AFJ has lead Ellen Vannin all the way to the final!
Who will he play?
The other semi seen Iceland play Poland and dublinmaygar test his knowledge against salvo’s.
Iceland (dublinmaygar) 7 v 7 Poland (salvo).
A draw! A bloody draw! 7 a piece in this late stage. Can only mean a shootout! A bloody shootout!
Let’s who will be singing when they are winning
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/21/world-cup-songs-quiz-three-lions-world-in-motion
If dublinmaygar and salvo can PM me their scores at some over the weekend I’d be much obliged.

3rd and 4th place playoff (that nobody gives a f**k about) will be Tuesday next week and the big one, the final, will be Friday 13th.

This concludes today’s QWC2018 announcement.

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

Looking for a new job? Here's a pre-season friendly quiz that might help. I got 12/12 so it must be easy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-04/job-titles-quiz/9885484

I'm ashamed to say I got the first one wrong.  I'd heard of 'ships' chandlers', so I'd always assumed they were to do with fitting out ships.  Hence a toss-up between two answers.

17 hours ago, Eednud said:

Looking for a new job? Here's a pre-season friendly quiz that might help. I got 12/12 so it must be easy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-04/job-titles-quiz/9885484

So did I, shows how easy it is. :lol: Expect a few scores in the low 20s, tbh..

Here are the final tables for this week, brought to you by Alkaseltzer and Nurofen. 

Tynieness is currently out in Ibiza giving it large, and he's got another reason to celebrate, his 9th Premiership crown. He edges out Scotfree on QD. Down below, it's pretty clear who is getting relegated ... Welshbairn and blackislekillie. Peasy23 slips into the play-offs on QD. 

1-premi.png.df5e52309aa573926f282c575004c611.png

In the SWL, It's Salvo's salivating at his second silver. Ross had a great week and rockets back to the top, and LincolnHearts continues to confound his critics by bagging a play-off place. Jacksgranda and wastecoatwilly slip back into the seaside league, and the San Miguel quaffer, The Captain, is in the play-offs. 

2-swl.png.bb2dbba8fe63a60d717de016efb40c5e.png

And finally, MSU has shat all over the BHL. Up goes German jag with gkneil in the play-offs. And welcome to CaspianChris ... we've got teams from all round the globe but never had one from Russia before (I'll be sorely disappointed if you tell me you live in Lochee or Broughty Ferry or somewhere). I wonder if @Aidan is still participating?

3-bhl.png.fba939771d6fd53ccf5c2d3aa17841b3.png

Are you doing the honours with a play-off question @SlipperyP ?

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Here are the final tables for this week, brought to you by Alkaseltzer and Nurofen. 

Tynieness is currently out in Ibiza giving it large, and he's got another reason to celebrate, his 9th Premiership crown. He edges out Scotfree on QD. Down below, it's pretty clear who is getting relegated ... Welshbairn and blackislekillie. Peasy23 slips into the play-offs on QD. 

1-premi.png.df5e52309aa573926f282c575004c611.png

In the SWL, It's Salvo's salivating at his second silver. Ross had a great week and rockets back to the top, and LincolnHearts continues to confound his critics by bagging a play-off place. Jacksgranda and wastecoatwilly slip back into the seaside league, and the San Miguel quaffer, The Captain, is in . And welcome to CaspianChris ... we've got teams from all round the globe but never had one from Russia before (I'll be sorely disappointed if you tell me you live in Lochee or Broughty Ferry or somewhere). I wonder if @Aidan is still participating?

3-bhl.png.fba939771d6fd53ccf5c2d3aa17841b3.png

Are you doing the honours with a play-off question @SlipperyP ?

I chose my user name from spending some time in Azerbaijan.   My dad was working out there in 2004-06 mum and myself moved across a little latter on but still had a very 18 good months in Baku. I went with them as I decided to leave Uni and take some time out after a less than enjoyable time, would have been mid twenties then.  It was a very interesting experience.  I am not sure some of the driving quality would meet UK standards though.

Back in the UK and yes living in Broughty Ferry now as that as where we are from.

I chose my user name from spending some time in Azerbaijan.   My dad was working out there in 2004-06 mum and myself moved across a little latter on but still had a very 18 good months in Baku. I went with them as I decided to leave Uni and take some time out after a less than enjoyable time, would have been mid twenties then.  It was a very interesting experience.  I am not sure some of the driving quality would meet UK standards though.
Back in the UK and yes living in Broughty Ferry now as that as where we are from.
Brilliant!

Also, well done on the 2 Bronze medals!

6 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

You will find that @Cardinal Richelieumakes lots of mistakes.  He drinks heavily.  Feel free to try and recruit extra players, the more the merrier.

Tynieness drinks heavily too. He just doesn't have any responsibilities, like league tables, to fret over. 

I should have mentioned while I thought Scotland and England rivalry could be bad, I quickly found out how very bitter things between Azerbaijan and Armenia could be.  Early on over while in one of the pubs met a young Russian and Azeri we got talking  I can't remember why but Armenia got mentioned by myself.  I got a very interesting response and many reasons why Armenia should not be trusted.