The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I did a 10 minute google of things like 'daily quizzes' etc etc and things could be worse.  India's GK Today has a reliable set of daily quizzes including such questions as:

• Which international organization has officially launched the International Year of the Period Table of Chemical Elements (IYPT-2019)? 
  • Who has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council of India (BARC)? 
  • Which of the following countries have launched a common digital currency “Aber”?
  • The Africa Centre for Climate and Sustainable Development has recently launched in which of the following countries? 
  • What is the India’s rank at the 2018 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) of Transparency International (TI)?
  • Dara Dotiwalla, who passed away recently, was associated with which sports?
  • India’s flagship hydrocarbon international conference ‘PETROTECH-2019’ is scheduled to be held in which of the following cities?

Better the devil you know?

BTW 6/7 for me :P

Yes. Well done. But without wanting to go all Kincardine all of a sudden, surely there's a decent and fair BRITISH quiz out there we could take?

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yes and that's of the week's news, not general knowledge. There's a gap in the market here!

I send it round the guys at work every week I could take to postting it on here

11 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Found this one on a quick search. The name would suggest it's daily and seems a fair mix of question topics. Lacking in Australian sports and Japanese Islands however...

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/

Yeah, we've look at the one before. And as a quiz it's fine. It's also got options for a league which would certainly make my life easier. The only problem? How the hell do you find yesterday's quiz? There is an archive, but it's not chronological and therefore, not worth a carrot. 

Often thought about creating my own quiz-site offering 10 questions a day. If only there was some way of monetising it! (not that it's all about the money, but I dream of having my own hot-tub).

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yeah, we've look at the one before. And as a quiz it's fine. It's also got options for a league which would certainly make my life easier. The only problem? How the hell do you find yesterday's quiz? There is an archive, but it's not chronological and therefore, not worth a carrot. 

Often thought about creating my own quiz-site offering 10 questions a day. If only there was some way of monetising it! (not that it's all about the money, but I dream of having my own hot-tub).

Seems to be chronological now? If I click archive it's got them in a list with dates, see below

image.thumb.png.ad25d6c71cb5685a25e25dd457163acf.png

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Seems to be chronological now? If I click archive it's got them in a list with dates, see below

image.thumb.png.ad25d6c71cb5685a25e25dd457163acf.png

Sorry - what I meant was it's chronological wrt to quizzes posted. However, that list doesn't show any of the previous "Quiz of the Day" ... and even today's quiz of the day doesn't have a unique URL - it's just the home screen. I'm guessing that the quiz is just generated randomly from other quizzes. Basically, it's only possible to do the quiz on the day it's posted (which might please some people but not others!)

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sorry - what I meant was it's chronological wrt to quizzes posted. However, that list doesn't show any of the previous "Quiz of the Day" ... and even today's quiz of the day doesn't have a unique URL - it's just the home screen. I'm guessing that the quiz is just generated randomly from other quizzes. Basically, it's only possible to do the quiz on the day it's posted (which might please some people but not others!)

Got you! I quite like the Aussie one anyway, just been difficult this week. A challenge is good though!

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Got you! I quite like the Aussie one anyway, just been difficult this week. A challenge is good though!

Yeah, as our staunch friend pointed out, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And I've never achieved a 10 (or a 0 for that matter) in the Aussie quiz so unless a brilliant new quiz site that ticks all our boxes magically appears, we'll be sticking with the Aussie quiz for the time being. 

The cardigan has spoken, no changes will be made. Welcome to the tyranny we quiz under.
FWIW, I’m happy to fire on with the Oz quiz...you’ll soon learn the satisfaction when a Japanese island question comes up.

58 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Too bad, imho...

Fair enough, I only had time for a quick squint at the site and seemed almost too simple to suggest it. I knew if I threw it out to the masses the flaws would be exposed pretty quick!