The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Right, all joking aside, something needs to be done about this. Those Friday questions were a bloody disgrace. Someone needs to march into the offices of The Australian and do a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down", but instead of demanding breakfast, demand a quiz that wasn't written by the spotty kid on work experience  who doesn't want to be there. I'd do it myself but I'm 12,000 miles away. @Dee Man @Eednud ... I'm looking at yous. I'd ask Swarley or Scotfree but they don't seem to be about any more. 

Anyway, most scores are in except:

Right, all joking aside, something needs to be done about this. Those Friday questions were a bloody disgrace. Someone needs to march into the offices of The Australian and do a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down", but instead of demanding breakfast, demand a quiz that wasn't written by the spotty kid on work experience  who doesn't want to be there. I'd do it myself but I'm 12,000 miles away. [mention=25521]Dee Man[/mention] [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] ... I'm looking at yous. I'd ask Swarley or Scotfree but they don't seem to be about any more. 
  • [mention=51151]DublinMagyar[/mention] (does bugger this I'm out mean you don't want to do the Friday quiz? you're not missing much)
  • [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] + [mention=16108]Helpma[/mention] (both Fridays as well)
  • [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention] + [mention=62179]LincolnHearts[/mention] (you guys still doing the quiz [emoji20] )
Yes, I need a winter shutdown

Lost the will to quiz

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right, all joking aside, something needs to be done about this. Those Friday questions were a bloody disgrace. Someone needs to march into the offices of The Australian and do a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down", but instead of demanding breakfast, demand a quiz that wasn't written by the spotty kid on work experience  who doesn't want to be there. I'd do it myself but I'm 12,000 miles away. @Dee Man @Eednud ... I'm looking at yous. I'd ask Swarley or Scotfree but they don't seem to be about any more. 

Miss out on promotion?

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right, all joking aside, something needs to be done about this. Those Friday questions were a bloody disgrace. Someone needs to march into the offices of The Australian and do a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down", but instead of demanding breakfast, demand a quiz that wasn't written by the spotty kid on work experience  who doesn't want to be there.

I did a 10 minute google of things like 'daily quizzes' etc etc and things could be worse.  India's GK Today has a reliable set of daily quizzes including such questions as:

• Which international organization has officially launched the International Year of the Period Table of Chemical Elements (IYPT-2019)? 
  • Who has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council of India (BARC)? 
  • Which of the following countries have launched a common digital currency “Aber”?
  • The Africa Centre for Climate and Sustainable Development has recently launched in which of the following countries? 
  • What is the India’s rank at the 2018 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) of Transparency International (TI)?
  • Dara Dotiwalla, who passed away recently, was associated with which sports?
  • India’s flagship hydrocarbon international conference ‘PETROTECH-2019’ is scheduled to be held in which of the following cities?

Better the devil you know?

BTW 6/7 for me :P

43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I did a 10 minute google of things like 'daily quizzes' etc etc and things could be worse.  India's GK Today has a reliable set of daily quizzes including such questions as:

• Which international organization has officially launched the International Year of the Period Table of Chemical Elements (IYPT-2019)? 
  • Who has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council of India (BARC)? 
  • Which of the following countries have launched a common digital currency “Aber”?
  • The Africa Centre for Climate and Sustainable Development has recently launched in which of the following countries? 
  • What is the India’s rank at the 2018 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) of Transparency International (TI)?
  • Dara Dotiwalla, who passed away recently, was associated with which sports?
  • India’s flagship hydrocarbon international conference ‘PETROTECH-2019’ is scheduled to be held in which of the following cities?

Better the devil you know?

BTW 6/7 for me :P

Yes. Well done. But without wanting to go all Kincardine all of a sudden, surely there's a decent and fair BRITISH quiz out there we could take?

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yes and that's of the week's news, not general knowledge. There's a gap in the market here!

I send it round the guys at work every week I could take to postting it on here

11 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Found this one on a quick search. The name would suggest it's daily and seems a fair mix of question topics. Lacking in Australian sports and Japanese Islands however...

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/

Yeah, we've look at the one before. And as a quiz it's fine. It's also got options for a league which would certainly make my life easier. The only problem? How the hell do you find yesterday's quiz? There is an archive, but it's not chronological and therefore, not worth a carrot. 

Often thought about creating my own quiz-site offering 10 questions a day. If only there was some way of monetising it! (not that it's all about the money, but I dream of having my own hot-tub).

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yeah, we've look at the one before. And as a quiz it's fine. It's also got options for a league which would certainly make my life easier. The only problem? How the hell do you find yesterday's quiz? There is an archive, but it's not chronological and therefore, not worth a carrot. 

Often thought about creating my own quiz-site offering 10 questions a day. If only there was some way of monetising it! (not that it's all about the money, but I dream of having my own hot-tub).

Seems to be chronological now? If I click archive it's got them in a list with dates, see below

image.thumb.png.ad25d6c71cb5685a25e25dd457163acf.png