The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Round 3 Scores

Thanks everyone for getting the scores in nice and quick. No tiebreaks either. Congratulations to all that went through, and also to those that got the question on their requested subject correct. Good scores from everyone, it was a tough quiz. Only one I would have known  was BLACKPINK(google them, you're welcome). Also, commiserations to whoever got 10 that had already been knocked out (didn't post a name)

@MSU 7 v @LincolnHearts 6

@Blootoon87 2 v @mathematics 4

@101 7 v @Rugster 8

@Silky Si McFly 2 v @The_Kincardine 8

@The Captain 6 v @Eednud 5

Have included below who selected each topic

- Australian plants & animals - Eednud

- Downton Abbey - 101

- American college sports teams -MSU

- David Lynch - Blootoon87

- 80s Pop Music - Lincoln Hearts

- Buckinghamshire - Kincardine

- Father Ted - Mathematics

- Pink Floyd - The Captain 

- The West Wing - Rugster

- K-Pop - Silky Si

Now, I have done the draw for the Semi finals which are detailed below. As there is 5 teams left, there will be one 3 way tie

Ooh Matron Kenneth Williams GIF - OohMatron KennethWilliams What - Discover  & Share GIFs

Semi Final Draw

@MSU v @Rugster v @The_Kincardine

@The Captain v @mathematics

Haven't finished the semi final quiz yet, will likely get that written over the next few days. Will aim for getting it posted late Friday but it could easily be Saturday afternoon.

Edited by alang1993

AH, you're back, good.. I couldn't get logged in this morning, for some reason.  Probably incompetence on someone's part, quite possibly mine.  Anyway, 8 for Thursday,  strange people and something else I cant remember now.

54 minutes ago, MSU said:

Not going to lie, spent an AGE trying to decide on my 50/50 on the Michigan college teams. A dastardly question. Well played, @alang1993.

Cheers. Glad you got it in the end. Was struggling to think of a question to begin with, then I found the list of team names. Wouldn't have had a clue with the question myself(although your profile picture would have likely helped to rule out 1 answer) :lol:

3 hours ago, alang1993 said:

Round 3 Scores

Thanks everyone for getting the scores in nice and quick. No tiebreaks either. Congratulations to all that went through, and also to those that got the question on their requested subject correct. Good scores from everyone, it was a tough quiz. Only one I would have known  was BLACKPINK(google them, you're welcome). Also, commiserations to whoever got 10 that had already been knocked out (didn't post a name)

@MSU 7 v @LincolnHearts 6

@Blootoon87 2 v @mathematics 4

@101 7 v @Rugster 8

@Silky Si McFly 2 v @The_Kincardine 8

@The Captain 6 v @Eednud 5

Have included below who selected each topic

- Australian plants & animals - Eednud

- Downton Abbey - 101

- American college sports teams -MSU

- David Lynch - Blootoon87

- 80s Pop Music - Lincoln Hearts

- Buckinghamshire - Kincardine

- Father Ted - Mathematics

- Pink Floyd - The Captain 

- The West Wing - Rugster

- K-Pop - Silky Si

Now, I have done the draw for the Semi finals which are detailed below. As there is 5 teams left, there will be one 3 way tie

Ooh Matron Kenneth Williams GIF - OohMatron KennethWilliams What - Discover  & Share GIFs

Semi Final Draw

@MSU v @Rugster v @The_Kincardine

@The Captain v @mathematics

Haven't finished the semi final quiz yet, will likely get that written over the next few days. Will aim for getting it posted late Friday but it could easily be Saturday afternoon.

Worse than the American Presidential voting imho...

11 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I was going to send a PM to @Tynierose on Monday, however, by computer took a hard turn while (just about to post), I never checked if he recieved or not.

But here goes......

Since I took over from @Cardinal Richelieu back in Feb with help from @Eednud, @Leeds Saint and @NJ2 (especially NJ2) during my difficult times, which he personall helped. I Thank you all for that., But we will get onto the serious shit....P&B quizzing.

From my time in charge we have had 8 top tier winner of a new name, when we talk about diddy leagues the Teletext his a very combative you don't want drop into the like this swamp......it may take you weeks to drop to the Sunny Side Club, again we have the likes of @Jacksgranda @BigBo10 @SlipperyP running for your money on a weekly basis.

Reason I post this, as yes, I big to say @Tynierose thought of changes and good on the man, he was trying to help. 

I now ask you all for help, is there ways to change (for the better)....we are community, give us 5 minutes of your time...

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate all the work you put into this. I've not fully read all the suggestions and proposed changes -  but I'd say the current league structure works much the same way as the SPFL. The diddies get their occasional moment in the sun (when they get promoted or a good cup run) whilst the Old / New Firm exchange 9s, 10s and trophies - as has always been the way. 

Not sure if anyone is suggesting a move away from QOTD, but I'd say it's definitely better than the random Aussie nonsense we had to put up with. 

I'm happy to go along with the consensus, but this thread has come a long way since the early days of people just posting random scores and our first tentative steps into some sort of league structure ... just for the dilettantes, this is how the league looked a few years ago ...

image.png.bdfcc88ed2de61578bd27dab2b52a184.png

So without wanting to sound like a fence-sitter, I'm happy to along with whatever improvements the Great and the Good decide on!

12 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I totally agree, there was  @The_Kincardine  first to mention the minnny league within his league.

I did and I always like to beat a select number of posters on here - they ken who they are.  But that's an informal thing.

I'll be frank.  Formalising a league within a league is well intentioned but you're on to a hiding for nothing.  Plus it puts so much more work on your own shoulders and is unlikely to be sustainable.

The formula of league tables plus an occasional cup is absolutely fine.  Also having cumulative tables of top performers as you do is good value.  

I think, though, that the recent initiative is just making work for you with little return.  I'll still hope to beat the likes of Edmund, Mixu, NJ2  and the DJ but there's no real need to formalise it.