The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Myself and Swarley are still flaffing around in what could loosely be described as "mid table", as usual.

This is my best league position since forever. It's similar to when East Stirlingshire had a good season or two before they hit the bottom and we're papped out the league.

After yesterdays decent 7, Tuesday brings a mediocre 5/10. Flag, Edward IV, spelunking, krennic and bridie with no guesses.

On to the cup replays. Both Kincardine and Cardinal both gave the same answer of 120 miles for the question regarding the length of the Hadrians Wall Path. As this was the incorrect answer they were both asked to submit a second guess. Kincardine came back with 100 miles while Cardinal guessed 150 miles.

In the other tie Welshnairn guessed 87 miles. Despite a PM from myself and holding off on giving the result no answer has been submitted from SlipperyP meaning Welshbairn has a walkover into the next round.

The correct answer to the question is 84 miles. Meaning Kincardine and Welshbairn progress to the next round so congratulations to them and commiserations to Cardinal and SlipperyP. A special mention to Welshbairn for his guess, being out by only 3 miles.

ETA guess received from Slippery of 100 miles. So there would have been no change to the outcome. Commiserations Slippery and Welshbairn continues to the next round.

19 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

After yesterdays decent 7, Tuesday brings a mediocre 5/10. Flag, Edward IV, spelunking, krennic and bridie with no guesses.

What question was that then, hmmm, hmmm? I demand a judge led inquiry.

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Knew three got 3/10. Fecking guessometer is fecking fecked.

For actual Monday quiz I got 7/10, guessed two and went wrong way on two 50/50s.

Wait, what's this sorcery? Don't tell me we've got 2 Monday quizzes flying about. That'll confuse things. 

Well done to Mr_Kincardine in the cup. I'll create a quiz for the next round and post it tomorrow. Sadly, I've got a phone interview at 10am. I've kinda got used to not working. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Wait, what's this sorcery? Don't tell me we've got 2 Monday quizzes flying about. That'll confuse things. 

Well done to Mr_Kincardine in the cup. I'll create a quiz for the next round and post it tomorrow. Sadly, I've got a phone interview at 10am. I've kinda got used to not working. 

I wasn't working from the end of January until the last week of September last year - I'm quite good at sitting around doing nothing.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I wasn't working from the end of January until the last week of September last year - I'm quite good at sitting around doing nothing.

But that's the thing. I wasn't doing nothing! The snazzy league tables didn't put themselves together you know! And it's a full-time job keeping them updated. Which is why I asked for a very reasonable £100 per side per month for admin fees, but sadly this fell upon deaf ears. 

All the scores in the Premiership... the dream is still alive for Tynieness. Some poor scores in the relegation zone, not helped by the "two quiz Monday". 

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Alang1993 4x© 2x② 1xBZ 9 8       17
2 WhiteRoseKillie 8x© 3x② 9 7       16
3 Tynieness   9 7       16
4 Frankie S 1x© 1x② 7 7       14
5 Deej 3x② 6 7       13
6 WILLIEA 1x© 7 5       12
7 Eckthearab 5x② 7 5       12
8 Scotfree   7 5       12
9 Peasy23   4 8       12
10 The_Kincardine   6 6       12
11 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 5 5       10
12 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 4 5       9
13 Welshbairn   4 4       8
14 Jagfox99 4x② 1xBZ 4 3       7

In the Beazer Homes League, as he alluded to, a special mention to East Swarlingshire, who is definitely in contention for a promotion. Well done too to Bully Wee Villa who's up there with the girly swots. 

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Edmund 4x② 1xBZ 8 7       15
2 Cardinal Richelieu   8 6       14
3 Blackislekillie 1xBZ 5 7       12
4 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 7 4       11
5 Swarley   5 6       11
6 Supermik   6 4       10
7 BigBo10   5 5       10
8 Marr1   3 7       10
9 Jacksgranda   5 4       9
10 Die Hard Doonhamer   8         8
11 Dee_62   2 6       8
12 Gman_1985   5 3       8
13 Ross.   2 3       5
14 Livi Lion   4         4
15 Dee Man   2         2
16 SlipperyP             0

In cup news, would any cup participants like to suggest a topic for one of the questions (no duplicates from last time please!). Here's a list of the teams still in the cup. 

• Bully Wee Villa 
  • Edmund 
  • WhiteRoseKillie 
  • Frankie S 
  • Eckthearab
  • The_Kincardine 
  • Welshbairn 
  • Blackislekillie
Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sadly, I've got a phone interview at 10am. I've kinda got used to not working. 

Hope the interview went well and you get the job - I know you'd much prefer to be updating the leagues on company time rather than your own!

3 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Hope the interview went well and you get the job - I know you'd much prefer to be updating the leagues on company time rather than your own!

It went okay thanks. One of the sticking points might be that the job is in the Czech Republic and the salary for a cardinal is about half that in the UK.  Having said that, I don't actually have a parish / see here, so there is a lack of beggar / chooser synergy!

It went okay thanks. One of the sticking points might be that the job is in the Czech Republic and the salary for a cardinal is about half that in the UK.  Having said that, I don't actually have a parish / see here, so there is a lack of beggar / chooser synergy!

On the bright side, beer is supposedly cheaper there.

3 minutes ago, Eednud said:

On the bright side, beer is supposedly cheaper there.

True. Even after the collapse of the Pound, you're still looking at £1 per pint. Sadly, Cardinals don't drink beer or wine. They drink holy water :(

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

17 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

True. Even after the collapse of the Pound, you're still looking at £1 per pint. Sadly, Cardinals don't drink beer or wine. They drink holy water :(

You know Staropramen means "old spring"?

and I know you don't need me quoting you scripture but... Isaiah 49:10
"They will not hunger or thirst, Nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down; For He who has compassion on them will lead them And will guide them to springs of water.

i reckon that's pretty clear as to what you can drink in the Czech Republic

Edited by dee_62

31 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

You know Staropramen means "old spring"?

and I know you don't need me quoting you scripture but... Isaiah 49:10
"They will not hunger or thirst, Nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down; For He who has compassion on them will lead them And will guide them to springs of water.

i reckon that's pretty clear as to what you can drink in the Czech Republic

I didn't actually know that about Staropramen. Quite like a Kozel beer though, which means goat (they have a big goat on the bottle to remove any doubt). 

Cheers for the Bible lesson too. Every day's a school day :)