The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

Absolutely ludicrous that they are now saying if negotiations don't suit them in the event of a yes vote then the status quo will stand. Who the f**k are they to go against the will and democratic choice of the people? It confirms that they are trying to bully and intimidate us now, well that won't work. Every day, more and more people are coming to the realisation that Westminster does nothing for us and we can create a better future for future generations.

I'm scared of what will happen if we vote no.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely ludicrous that they are now saying if negotiations don't suit them in the event of a yes vote then the status quo will stand. Who the f**k are they to go against the will and democratic choice of the people? It confirms that they are trying to bully and intimidate us now, well that won't work. Every day, more and more people are coming to the realisation that Westminster does nothing for us and we can create a better future for future generations.

I'm scared of what will happen if we vote no.

I'm scared of what will happen if we vote YES. :)

They want us all to be scared of that, that is the No campaign strategy, scaremonger, bully and intimidate.

Every slimy dirty trick in the book will be pulled out. Every conceivable threat will be made. "You will get nothing, you will starve etc etc". I fully expect Westminster to now say that they will definently block Scottish membership of the EU and veto our chances of joining NATO and the UN.

Expect also to hear lots of chatter about erecting a Berlin Wall style border, you might even see a diagram and artists impression of this in the Daily Mail.

Every slimy dirty trick in the book will be pulled out. Every conceivable threat will be made. "You will get nothing, you will starve etc etc". I fully expect Westminster to now say that they will definently block Scottish membership of the EU and veto our chances of joining NATO and the UN.

Expect also to hear lots of chatter about erecting a Berlin Wall style border, you might even see a diagram and artists impression of this in the Daily Mail.

And Angus Armstrong gave a wee hint as to why they're shitting it, funilly enough he outlined the same fate for rUK as YES have outlined in the event of no currency union.

This is untrue. Read it in full. It says that if the Scottish Government persist with unreasonable demands like debt being contingent on a currency union then, absent the settlement or something different being agreed, the status quo would remain. Given Westminster legislation is required this is trite law.

It cannot seriously be inferred from the words actually uttered that the circumstances in which such a delay would occur would be a situation of Westminster holding the Scottish Government to random rather than the other way around.

It was intended to be a veiled threat but has been perceived as anything but veiled by the public at large.

This is why I found H_B,Reynard and other NO supporters reaction on here yesterday strange, Salmond and Co have been seeking independence for the majority of their lives, does anyone seriously think they have not thought through every threat many many many times, do the numpties on here really think Salmond and Sturgeon are that stupid, I certainly don't and I've never voted for them unlike H_B who happily votes for people he thinks are clowns, idiots, halfwits etc, strange man.

Salmond and Co have been seeking independence for the majority of their lives, does anyone seriously think they have not thought through every threat many many many times,

Why then were they so completely unprepared yesterday, leaving Nicola Sturgeon with the job of being humilated by Andrew Neil?

Why then were they so completely unprepared yesterday, leaving Nicola Sturgeon with the job of being humilated by Andrew Neil?

They weren't unprepared at all. They said today exactly what they said yesterday :blink:

As for the Sturgeon v Neil interview. That was announced long before Osborne speech as Sturgeon was in London for a speech later that evening.

Nicola Sturgeon was everywhere, perhaps they sent her round so the wee woman got shouted at and bullied, I certainly wasn't impressed with Neil,to aggressive towards a small lady, and last night just confirmed that he's a firm "I'm on the gravy train" NO.

Nicola Sturgeon was everywhere, perhaps they sent her round so the wee woman got shouted at and bullied, I certainly wasn't impressed with Neil,to aggressive towards a small lady, and last night just confirmed that he's a firm "I'm on the gravy train" NO.

The Born Agains really don't like the SNP being questioned do they? How DARE he embarrass Nicola? Doesn't he know she's part of the most sophisticated political machine in Western Europe?

The Born Agains really don't like the SNP being questioned do they? How DARE he embarrass Nicola? Doesn't he know she's part of the most sophisticated political machine in Western Europe?

It's not how it plays to anyone other than your ordinary man or woman on the street, the recent polls and social media agree with me, deal with it.

An SNP voter calling a non SNP voter born again is laughable, you'll be used to it though.

It's not how it plays to anyone other than your ordinary man or woman on the street, the recent polls and social media agree with me, deal with it.

Why is Andrew Neil clearly a No sympathiser, because he eviscerated Sturgeon on national radio?

Is Jeremy Paxman clearly a Labour supporter because he destroyed Michael Howard?

Why is Andrew Neil clearly a No sympathiser, because he eviscerated Sturgeon on national radio?

Is Jeremy Paxman clearly a Labour supporter because he destroyed Michael Howard?

If you actually listened to his words when he was bumping his gums with his pals last night you would know.

You go and find them, you were the one that misread my post and thought he'd be a smart arse.

You've said he's outed himself as being "NO" - you have the burden of proof to provide evidence as to why this is the case.

Be very specific - what has Andrew Neil said that has confirmed him as a "gravy train NO"?

You've said he's outed himself as being "NO" - you have the burden of proof to provide evidence as to why this is the case.

Be very specific - what has Andrew Neil said that has confirmed him as a "gravy train NO"?

You go and find it, I run around after nobody, less so a smart arse that conflates 2 interviews.

Archived