The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

You are a monumental cretin.

Scheffer's view is not supported even by the White Paper. The SNP now ADMIT that a treaty amendment, ratified by every single member-state, is necessary to ensure Scottish EU membership absent a fresh application (also to be ratified by every single member-state) in the event of independence. The presence of these veto powers and amendment procedures means that the terms of the political discussion about Scotland's membership terms is shifted significantly, and the proposed SNP timetable puts more pressure on that.

This is ultimately the point that is underpinned by Professors Boyle, Crawford, Happold, Tierney and Armstrong in their analysis about the how and what of Scottish membership of the EU. Neither you or any member of the Clown Collective have managed to explain to us exactly how "politics" trumps the Treaty provisions. Can you please be extremely specific exactly how the ratification process will be waived or accelerated?

How you expect a UK Government initiated amendment to the TEU will be in force, with equally favourable terms as the UK has just now, between 19th September and 24th March 2016, between which there is a UK General Election, a greatly restricted timetable in which both to legislate domestically and in the EU (bear in mind all legislation initiated but not passed by about March 2015 will die on Parliament's dissolution)? Shouting "politics trumps law" here is the refuge of the person with no appreciation of the institutional workings of either the British state or the European Union.

Does exactly what VT accused him of, then calls him a cretin. Interesting.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26132806 shit the bed, the political editor at pacific quay must be off his work. Assertion stated as fact in BBC news headline is par of the course when BT are spouting it but this is a pro Yes one !!

Just a set up for bbc 2 top ten battlegrounds programme

Neither you or any member of the Clown Collective have managed to explain to us exactly ...

Do you really expect to be taken seriously as a supposed Yes voter when you're using uber-unionist terms like "Clown Collective"?

Pull the other one! You're a unionist through and through.

Do you really expect to be taken seriously as a supposed Yes voter when you're using uber-unionist terms like "Clown Collective"?

Think the law squad are pissed off that the ncc are stealing there thunder

I believe in being abusively critical of idiots whatever their political persuasion.

Just a set up for bbc 2 top ten battlegrounds programme

Anyone see this? Any good? I was out last night so didn't see it and won't get a chance to watch it until tomorrow but the programme was made by a guy I know's dad so I'm interested to see it. I'm told that his description of it was 'It will annoy both sides, and that is what it is supposed to do.' :lol:

I don't understand why that's even a story.

You dont think its an issue when the governments "intelligence" has to rely on a public posting to find out that a foreign powers military is camping in their territory?

You dont think its an issue when the governments "intelligence" has to rely on a public posting to find out that a foreign powers military is camping in their territory?

According to the video clip the Russians had informed NATO of their plans, and if they were in the Moray Firth it means they were pretty close to RAF Lossiemouth, and I think it's unlikely that we're about to be attacked by the Russian Navy

According to the video clip the Russians had informed NATO of their plans, and if they were in the Moray Firth it means they were pretty close to RAF Lossiemouth, and I think it's unlikely that we're about to be attacked by the Russian Navy

Wrong, try listening again.

Archived