The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

I raise you 1 Michael Howard, when the great man asked him the same question 27 times if my memory serves me right, as for above not his finest moment

He actually only did it to stall because his earpiece cut out.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is much said about the supposed anti-independence stance by the BBC and BBC Scotland, but not much said at all about the very obvious pro-independence stance of STV, hope this approach does not backfire on STV if there is a no vote

There is much said about the supposed anti-independence stance by the BBC and BBC Scotland, but not much said at all about the very obvious pro-independence stance of STV, hope this approach does not backfire on STV if there is a no vote

I'm sure you have some evidence of this?

I'm pretty sure the only serious academic study on this so far concluded that STV was also guilty of a pro- union slant in its reporting. Albeit to a lesser extent than auntie beeb.

If you have evidence to the contrary lets hear it.

I'm pretty sure the only serious academic study on this so far concluded that STV was also guilty of a pro- union slant in its reporting. Albeit to a lesser extent than auntie beeb.

Yep, that is definitely the case, the academic compiled a paper on them both at the same time &, although they weren't quite as blatant as Auntie Beeb, they weren't far behind! Having said that I think I have noticed the media becoming a tad more "friendly" over the last couple of weeks.

I'm sure you have some evidence of this?

Just look at Scotland Tonight on a daily basis, say no more

I can't believe that he has attempted to say that the polls are irrelevant even though BT shout them from the rooftops every time they get one that appeals to them. He was fair blinking though.

Simon Pia really is a twat though. That is something that cannot be argued. George Galloway has a positive vision!!!!!

I can't believe that he has attempted to say that the polls are irrelevant even though BT shout them from the rooftops every time they get one that appeals to them. He was fair blinking though.

Simon Pia really is a twat though. That is something that cannot be argued. George Galloway has a positive vision!!!!!

Simon Pia's brother was my Modern Studies teacher when I was at high school :lol:

Yup, that labour spin-doctor was scrambling for relevance the entire time. I noticed he tried to intervene as soon as the pro-indy guy was mentioning bfs, wos, bella caledonia and the like.

Those websites were easily brushed off in the past, but i think people will start flocking to them as we approach the date.

Do you guys share their articles on social media?

It's kind of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I hope he stays because he is doing such a fine job for yes, but equally the fun of seeing the death of a campaign after it's figurehead is removed would be great. Many more weekends like this one and it's hard to see how he can stay.

I don't genuinely believe there is a bias by either the BBC Scotland or STV - I just think they are bloody useless when it comes to interviewing any of our politicians.

Can anyone think of any Scottish interviewer who would give any politician - no matter their party - a hard time?

Henry McLeish should lead better together, that's if he's not a yes voter yet.

Better Together seem to suffer from the same control freakery and lack of touch that Labour are notorious for.

It would have been better led by a much more independent (as in not linked to a party) figure.

Archived