The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good article in Private Eye thus issue about the SNP s poor mans Alastair Campbell threatening the Sunday Post.

Best part was when he claimed they d given the Post an exclusive.

This exclusive ? Eh.. confirming Salmond had met Rupert Murdoch for secret talks when the Post asked them.

There are agendas, however the primary one is CASH. If independence was really popular in Scotland someone would see that bandwagon to sell people the bias they want. No one has done that yet, so they might be ignoring an opportunity? but I doubt it.

If the polls swing towards yes I would expect the media to change their tune.

Stands to reason some media would make a move; strangely my theory didn't fit in with the conspiracy theories at the time.

Compare and contrast:

A Yes activist is physically attacked while he was out leafleting. Not a peep from the newspapers.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=460660597370689

A Labour MSP claims to have had her kids threatened online but does not produce a single shred of evidence to substatiate it and instead of going to the police like any sane parent would do, her first instinct is to go running to the press to try and make political capital out of it.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/cybernats-and-phantoms/

I won't bother reading the whole thread but I will take a wild stab in the dark and presume its all nationist types playing the victim card to the big bad media, when infact the scottish news programmes are pretty much cringe-worthingly obsessed with the yes idea.

...thought as much.

I won't bother reading the whole thread but I will take a wild stab in the dark and presume its all nationist types playing the victim card to the big bad media, when infact the scottish news programmes are pretty much cringe-worthingly obsessed with the yes idea.

...thought as much.

What a fucking weapon. Cringe.

A Labour MSP claims to have had her kids threatened online but does not produce a single shred of evidence to substatiate it and instead of going to the police like any sane parent would do, her first instinct is to go running to the press to try and make political capital out of it.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/cybernats-and-phantoms/

I don;t understand Wings point here - surely the tweets in queston have been deleted?

. Wings argument seems to be "I can't find the tweet in question" - can you search and find deleted tweets?

I have no idea if you can find deleted tweets. It is kind of funny that Cara Hilton has not yet reported this to the police. Wouldn't you if your kids were threatened?

It smacks to me of yet another made up "Cybernat attack" along with the vandalising of Ian Murray's constituency office, which, when highlighted resulted in zero evidence and zero reports to Police Scotland.

Funny that.

I have no idea if you can find deleted tweets. It is kind of funny that Cara Hilton has not yet reported this to the police. Wouldn't you if your kids were threatened?

It smacks to me of yet another made up "Cybernat attack" along with the vandalising of Ian Murray's constituency office, which, when highlighted resulted in zero evidence and zero reports to Police Scotland.

Funny that.

Sorry, what?

Are you claiming Cara Hilton has made up this story, about her children being threatened?

Until she provides some evidence then I think she has made it up, can you provide some SPECIFIC evidence?

Until she provides specific evidence of tweets that have been deleted?

Archived