The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's simply more attempts to portray us as an evil band of nutjobs marching around with skinheads and flags with white swastikas on a blue background on them.

Yeah. I really don't think it is working either. The Middle Englanders who live on every word the Mail says may lap it up but everyone knows it's just a silly little ploy. True there are nutjobs on both sides, but some of the so called abuse is laughable. "Cybernat" or "Cabernat" (copyright Ms R Davidson) has simply become a badge of honour.

I wonder what the Daily Mail and the likes would make of this place if they ever come across it? HB and Mr Bairn would be held up as shining examples of the poor abused souls that the evil cybernat bullies prey upon.

If an SNP backbench mother had claimed her kids had been threatened then this conversation would never have happened. Disgusting.

If, If, If...

If your team weren't shite they'd be playing Hibs tonight.

:)

Evidence?

Cara Hilton campaigned to become an MSP on a platform of keeping a local primary school open. She then, as a councillor, proceeded to vote to close the very same school. She IS a proven liar.

which brings us back to the press - do you think these papers are So unthinking, so Gung Ho in their support for the union that they will print things without evidence?

Certain papers, yes.

But in this case, all they need to do is report Cara Hiltons claims and they can just stand back and say "we were just reporting what she claimed and not claiming it actually happened".

Because of the context. Whilst Nicola Sturgeon is a confirmed liar politically, if she were to claim she'd received a threatening phone call, I would be inclined to believe her.

Likewise, given that the threats were made against her children, I do not believe Hilton would invent that.

If your kids were threatened, wouldn't you make sure you keep any evidence of it and go straight to the polis?

I just find it a tad abnormal that Cara Hilton's first reaction is to go to the media.

Certain papers, yes.

But in this case, all they need to do is report Cara Hiltons claims and they can just stand back and say "we were just reporting what she claimed and not claiming it actually happened".

Exactly. Which is exactly what they have done. Without a single shred of evidence to back up Hilton's claims.

As you say all.politicians are liars. Cara has previous for telling incredible lies

What incredible lies has Cara Hilton told?

And it was years previously.

What made it worse was that he made a big song and dance about the "vandalism", but then quickly shut his mouth when it was proved to be nonsense by Campbell etc.

I think he said something along the lines of, "I can take personal abuse but this is getting out of control". So he lied.

We've also had a situation where Anas Sarwar accused a "cybernat" of racial abuse. IIRC the tweet was racist but there was no proof or context in the message that the account holder was a supporter of independence.

It's simply more attempts to portray us as an evil band of nutjobs marching around with skinheads and flags with white swastikas on a blue background on them.

You didn't answer the question before.

Is Nicola Sturgeon a "lying bitch"? Or do you reserve your "bitch" comments for only certain women who lie and not all?

Yes or No?

Cara Hilton campaigned to become an MSP on a platform of keeping a local primary school open. She then, as a councillor, proceeded to vote to close the very same school. She IS a proven liar.

Izzat so?

She voted for a budget, not for the closure of the school.

"The decision on the future of Pitcorthie will we made at the Council Executive on the merits of the case – and I believe there is an extremely strong case to keep Pitcorthie open. Pitcorthie Primary is a popular, highly sustainable school, it's full to the brim and it's in an area where the number of young families is growing by the day".

"I will continue to work alongside the Pitcorthie parents in their campaign to save Pitcorthie Primary School and hope that those involved in scrutinising the decisions will keep their minds open and listen to the views of parents and the local community".

"I understand that the proposals on the future of Pitcorthie will go the Scrutiny Committee on March 18 and I will be writing to the Leader of the Council asking to attend and speak against any closure plan".

If your kids were threatened, wouldn't you make sure you keep any evidence of it and go straight to the polis?

No. I wouldn't take threats made on Twitter seriously.

No. I wouldn't take threats made on Twitter seriously.

But Cara Hilton apparently did. Well serious enough to go to the media about it, after she deleted the evidence of course.

Archived