The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What incredible lies has Cara Hilton told?

She claimed that Labour were in favour of council tax freezes.

She claimed that she could "reduce the cost of living" Quite an astonishing (©J.Lamont) claim to be made by a backbench MSP representing a party not in power at either Holyrood or Westminster. An incredible lie.

She claimed the SNP were refusing to freeze energy prices - an incredible lie as such powers are not devolved to Holyrood

Further to this incredible lie - she then claimed that energy bills had risen by £300 and laid the blame for this squarely at Alex Salmond's door. A lie, as can be gathered from the previous lie, the power to raise, lower, cap, abolish, or complain about energy prices is not devolved.

She claimed the SNP were refusing to scrap the bedroom tax. Another incredible lie as the SNP have pledged to do just that in the event of gaining full control of the Welfare system, which is, err, you know, reserved to Westminster.

Incredible, barefaced, shameless lies.

Incredible, barefaced, shameless lies.

Right.

Would you agree with me that Nicola Sturgeon is also a barefaced, shameless liar?

I am waiting to find out if she is a "lying bitch" also. I can only assume so, but Jamaldo will need to confirm.

When are people gonna start ignoring H_B? Serious question.

To be fair most people do recognise him for the troll he is, but occasionally watching him career from one fail to another can be amusing.

Right.

Would you agree with me that Nicola Sturgeon is also a barefaced, shameless liar?

I am waiting to find out if she is a "lying bitch" also. I can only assume so, but Jamaldo will need to confirm.

Whatabout whatabout whatabout

Whatabout whatabout whatabout

It's a simple question. Please answer.

It's a simple question. Please answer.

Evidence of the type of barefaced shameful lies that can be equated to the barefaced shameful lies that you agree Cara Hilton is guilty of please.

Evidence of the type of barefaced shameful lies that can be equated to the barefaced shameful lies that you agree Cara Hilton is guilty of please.

1)

Question from Shaun Harvey, Bangor: If Independence was achieved in Scotland what steps would need to be taken to achieve EU status and what would happen to the currency in the short term?

Nicola Sturgeon: An independent Scotland would automatically inherit EU membership on the same terms as the remainder of the UK. The SNP supports Scotland joining the Euro, subject to the consent of the Scottish people being given in a referendum.

2) Conversely, in the case of the Czech Republic and Slovakia (ignored by the UK government), both countries agreed to be co-equal successor states. http://www.scotreferendum.com/2013/02/uk-governments-legal-opinion/

Both are absolute barefaced lies.

Now, you will no doubt be happy to call Nicola a barefaced, shameless liar - won't you?

To a large extent I already have.

ETA: Interesting to note that HB roundly ignores proven lies told by Cara Hilton, which he asked for, instead concentrating, bizarrely on Sturgeon.

ETA: Interesting to note that HB roundly ignores proven lies told by Cara Hilton, which he asked for, instead concentrating, bizarrely on Sturgeon.

I haven't ignored it. I am happy to consider all politicians as liars. It does indeed look like Cara Hilton is a liar, politically.

I'm interested in double standards, given that Nicola Sturgeon is also a proven liar, politically.

Will Jamaldo and Burma respectively call Nicola a "lying bitch" and "a barefaced, shameless liar". As of course they should, given the precedent.

Well done. See? You can, on occasion, admit you were wrong.

I never said at any point that Cara Hilton wasn't a liar, politically.

Well done. See? You can, on occasion, admit you were wrong.

Would you like to take this opportunity to acknowledge that Nicola Sturgeon is a liar?

I never said at any point that Cara Hilton wasn't a liar, politically.

You did, you know.

Would you like to take this opportunity to acknowledge that Nicola Sturgeon is a liar?

Absolutely not.

:)

I did it months ago and just can't understand why anyone would argue with him more than once. If you win the argument he just changes the subject, backed up by his wee pals. Much better to save your arguments for someone who is willing to listen

Am I coming under "increasing pressure" to resign yet?

Ah there you are.

Given that Nicola Sturgeon is female and a confirmed liar, would you categorise her as a "lying bitch"?

Or do you reserve that purely for female Labour politicians?

Absolutely not.

:)

Uh huh.

So why would you categorise a Labour female politician who has told lies as a liar.

And not an SNP female politican who has told lies?

Archived