No Sky signal

jimmy boo

Getting error message 29...no signal and to go to Sky website where it says bad weather detected in Markinch and to leave it till weather subsides!! Anyone know what that's about? Surely it's more likely the dish has blown slightly off allignment?

I've been without Sky since Christmas Eve, the next free available appointment from their "engineers" is January 14th, which they are charging me £65 for.  I hope you manage to get it back online.

Just got appointment for Jan 5th. It was going to be £65 as I dont have extended warranty but because i've been with them for donkeys it was 40 minus 18 for loss of service...so £22 aint too bad. First time weather has affected me in 7 years here.

So you have to pay for them to come and fix their service, that you already pay way over the odds for?

Thats hilarious. I'd be telling them to come remove it and i'd take my custom elsewhere.

Id be a bit pissed off if I was Bobby above.

So you have to pay for them to come and fix their service, that you already pay way over the odds for?

Thats hilarious. I'd be telling them to come remove it and i'd take my custom elsewhere.

Like where exactly? Unless you live in a cable area there is no competition. It sucks, but thats just how it is

I took out the extended warranty one year, then realised that at £65 for a call out it was cheaper to take the risk. The £65 guarantees a fix or new equipment (well refurbished) and the repairs have a 3 month warranty. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to have to shell out twice in one year

Id be a bit pissed off if I was Bobby above.

On the back of your discount I called them back, i didn't kick off as I don't see the point in harassing some poor b*****d having to work at this time on a Friday and explained what's happened and they've credited my £65 call out fee. I suppose it depends who you get through to. I am also (quite rightly) not paying for any Tv from Christmas Eve to the 14th.

Watching SkyGo on an iPad though is pretty shite, so I've moved the free view box and digital ariel from the spare room into the living room.

On the back of your discount I called them back, i didn't kick off as I don't see the point in harassing some poor b*****d having to work at this time on a Friday and explained what's happened and they've credited my £65 call out fee. I suppose it depends who you get through to. I am also  (quite rightly) not paying for any Tv from Christmas Eve to the 14th. 

Watching SkyGo on an iPad though is pretty shite, so I've moved the free view box and digital ariel from the spare room into the living room.

Excellent...well done...the power of P&B!! I was relieved to get through to a helpfull boy in the Falkirk call centre who did his best to get me a discount. I've been through to overseas call centres before and they can be a feckin nightmare.

f**k Sky. My mate was on the phone to me earlier saying something similar about how his box wasnt working and how they were charging £65 to come out and sort it plus it would be over a week before they did actually do this despite him paying £100+ a month. Hes now the proud owner of a skybox f5 and the number of my sat guy and will now be paying Sky f**k all a month compared to over a tonne a month. Their loss

Its ludicrous that you get charged in the first place IMO. You're already paying £50 or more a month for them to give you a code to access a signal thats overhead anyway.

I appreciate that for some areas there will be very little competition. I also perhaps overlooked how lucky i am, as I have cable and TV. Didn't even need to take the phone line, on the downside, I can't upgrade to TiVo without taking the phone, dicks.

Its ludicrous that you get charged in the first place IMO. You're already paying £50 or more a month for them to give you a code to access a signal thats overhead anyway.

I appreciate that for some areas there will be very little competition. I also perhaps overlooked how lucky i am, as I have cable and TV. Didn't even need to take the phone line, on the downside, I can't upgrade to TiVo without taking the phone, dicks.

If you are on cable and paying over the odds, downgrade to freeview and take the lowest phone deal with broadband. Then purchase a Kryptview A780 and use that as a cable receiver. Should get u everything, even box office etc

If only I knew this a few days ago, Santa could have been a legend.

A quick browse has them around £250, shall need to research this some more. For journalist purposes, obviously.

They shouldnt be as expensive as that mate, at least not that model. I will have a quick peek and get back to you

Just had a look at the dish...the LNB arm is bent forward and almost snapped off. Called BT to sort Vision box in other room and they want £35 to reconnect within 10 days! Mrs Boo called to cancel espn with them a while back and they had pulled the plug on the whole thing. They'll review the call and if its their fault they'll do it free of charge. So it's laptop TV for a week.

Just had a look at the dish...the LNB arm is bent forward and almost snapped off. Called BT to sort Vision box in other room and they want £35 to reconnect within 10 days! Mrs Boo called to cancel espn with them a while back and they had pulled the plug on the whole thing. They'll review the call and if its their fault they'll do it free of charge. So it's laptop TV for a week.

Although its no ideal, connect the laptop to the tv?

Archived