English celebs to "lovebomb" Scotland

Todders

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Alan Cumming not at the big launch of Yes? Either way using celebrities is tragic and always seems like a last desperate resort to get votes. I remember The Thick of It episode in which they rope in Andy Murray to front a health campaign and someone says using celebrities is the sign of a dying government. Yeah that's what this feels like.

Was Alan Cumming not at the big launch of Yes? Either way using celebrities is tragic and always seems like a last desperate resort to get votes. I remember The Thick of It episode in which they rope in Andy Murray to front a health campaign and someone says using celebrities is the sign of a dying government. Yeah that's what this feels like.

Which government? The Scottish one that's using celebrities or the UK one that's using celebrities?

Which government? The Scottish one that's using celebrities or the UK one that's using celebrities?

I think he means both.

I'm not particulary a fan of it either, unless they have something genuinely interesting to add to the debate, which isn't very often.

I think he means both.

I'm not particulary a fan of it either, unless they have something genuinely interesting to add to the debate, which isn't very often.

Yeah he is probably right. They have both run out of steam and need taken outside and collectively shot.

I have zero interest in what celebrities think either. The likes of Question Time has been wasted by allowing some of these so called minds a slot on the panel, if I'm barely interested in their day job antics then I certainly dont give the tiniest of fucks about their politics.

I have zero interest in what celebrities think either. The likes of Question Time has been wasted by allowing some of these so called minds a slot on the panel,

Oh, I don't know.. Eddi Reader added a certain something to the Yes campaign with her performance...

I probably should have been more clear. Meant more that a political party using celebrities for any campaign comes across as desperate. The example regarding a "dying government" was just cause the first thing I thought of when seeing the thread was that scene from The Thick Of It.

But aye, both can f**k off with the celebs. Blair having his big celebrity parties at Number 10 was utter cringe.

Aye I'm not really into celebrities piping up, including those endorsing Yes. Quite frankly it's none of Alan Cumming/Sean Connery/Alex Ferguson's business.

Actually, as Alan Cumming will have a vote, it is his business.

Actually, as Alan Cumming will have a vote, it is his business.

I find it a bit rich that he's moving back for the vote then will no doubt f**k off back to 'merica once the result is in.

Archived