English celebs to "lovebomb" Scotland

Todders

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did Bowie say?

He didn't actually say anything. Bizarrely, his speech was read out by Kate Moss as Bowie loves Britain so much he can't even be arsed recording a speech for the Brit awards, let alone actually turn up.

According to the BBC this is what was read out:

"In Japanese myth the rabbits on my old costume that Kate's wearing live on the moon.

"Kate comes from Venus and I from Mars, so that's nice.

"I'm completely delighted to have a Brit for being the best male but I am, aren't I Kate? (Gallagher: yes) I think it's a great way to end the day.

"Thank you very very much - and Scotland, stay with us."

Nonsensical babble...ending in nonsensical babble.

What did Bowie say?

As far as I can see, he didn't even bother to turn up. Apparently Kate Moss read out a speech on his behalf because Bowie "chose to stay at home in New York rather than attend the event in London"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/david-bowie-on-indyref-scotland-stay-with-us.1392846973

As far as I can see, he didn't even bother to turn up. Apparently Kate Moss read out a speech on his behalf because Bowie "chose to stay at home in New York rather than attend the event in London"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/david-bowie-on-indyref-scotland-stay-with-us.1392846973

We all know Major Tom, Is a junkie ? ;)

This is actually pissed some of you off?! Haha

Only in so much that I consider it to be pathetic of Cameron to refuse to debate with Salmond ''as it's a Scottish issue for those who live in Scotland'', whilst pleading with celebs to love bomb us and also for people in England who have relatives in Scotland, to call them and persuade them to vote no. Truly cringe-worthy.

Fascism comments?

Never mind. I found them.

What a monumental tool. I have no problem with him expressing an opinion on independence but put in the context of his admiration for fascism, it does not paint a pretty picture.

My respect for him as a musician and a human being is dropping by the minute.

Only in so much that I consider it to be pathetic of Cameron to refuse to debate with Salmond ''as it's a Scottish issue for those who live in Scotland'', whilst pleading with celebs to love bomb us and also for people in England who have relatives in Scotland, to call them and persuade them to vote no. Truly cringe-worthy.

I agree that's pretty cringeworthy. Salmond wanting a debate with Cameron though is pretty pathetic at the same time. It's a hilarious tactic to try and use.

Well yes what a disgrace how dare an Englishman deign to have an opinion and say honestly he'd like Scotland to stay together with the rest of the UK.

He's entitled to his opinion and the knee jerk reactions on here smack of an increasingly L Ron Salmond cult type approach.

Well yes what a disgrace how dare an Englishman deign to have an opinion and say honestly he'd like Scotland to stay together with the rest of the UK.

He's entitled to his opinion and the knee jerk reactions on here smack of an increasingly L Ron Salmond cult type approach.

1 You bring up his Englishness when really the issue is about his British nationalism and you say SNP are the real nationalists irony alert

Archived