The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

CSKA Moscow have been building this stadium since 2007, but it's finally almost complete...

24830209853_5616cf71a9_b.jpg

25430783816_6b15dc5bde_b.jpg

The skyscraper in the corner is supposed to look like the UEFA cup.

The Skyscraper was added on and designed to celebrate the first European trophy won by a Russian side. Good idea at the time, but 11 years down the line with the competition no longer existing and its a bit silly

The Skyscraper was added on and designed to celebrate the first European trophy won by a Russian side. Good idea at the time, but 11 years down the line with the competition no longer existing and its a bit silly

The Trophy still exists.

Cracking Ground btw

Why's it taken 9 years and counting? These days stadiums get thrown up in a matter of months usually? Is it down to the harsh cold over there limiting the time the construction workers can do stuff, or for other reasons?

I'm gonna assume something about the World Cup 2018. Resources will have been allocated to the tournament stadiums and any other build/renovation on stadiums not necessary.

Saying that, Zenit have been building a new stadium for over 10 years :lol:

The Trophy still exists.

Cracking Ground btw

Well they won the UEFA Cup, and wanted a skyscraper to commemorate that. The UEFA Cup no longer exists, and another Russian side has won a European trophy since their win. Its already out-dated.

Why's it taken 9 years and counting? These days stadiums get thrown up in a matter of months usually? Is it down to the harsh cold over there limiting the time the construction workers can do stuff, or for other reasons?

The Russian Defense Military owned the land where the stadium was to be built, and it took them until about six years ago to actually get the building commissioned, and there was a huge gap where nothing was done until a couple of years ago. They then had problems with the funding and with construction companies as theres now over ten stadiums in Russia needing work done before the WC.

Well they won the UEFA Cup, and wanted a skyscraper to commemorate that. The UEFA Cup no longer exists, and another Russian side has won a European trophy since their win. Its already out-dated.

It doesn't matter if the UEFA Cup competition doesn't exist, the actual trophy they use is the same. It would be like giving Nottingham Forest a hard time for building a European Cup building on their ground because it's now called the Champions League, and because another English club has won it.

If they want to celebrate their history in this way then I don't see a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Besiktas will move to the finally completed Vodafone arena on the 11th of April

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1458673864.156102.jpg

A very uninspiring stadium.

Hearts have started the process to build their new 7000 capacity main stand. It's always exciting to see Scottish clubs expand their grounds. Tynecastle is going to be even more of a cauldron than it already is. Haven't seen any pictures yet of the design. I'm hoping for another steep one tiered stand like the other 3.

Hearts have started the process to build their new 7000 capacity main stand. It's always exciting to see Scottish clubs expand their grounds. Tynecastle is going to be even more of a cauldron than it already is. Haven't seen any pictures yet of the design. I'm hoping for another steep one tiered stand like the other 3.

see Tynecastle redevelopment thread in the Premiership section.

It's roughly what we are going for. It won't be as steep, but we I believe we will retain a cauldron-esque atmosphere.

It's roughly what we are going for. It won't be as steep, but we I believe we will retain a cauldron-esque atmosphere.

I think so to, assuming the stand is the same height as the others then one would assume that the noise would get trapped more so in the ground. This is an extremely exciting prospect

I think so to, assuming the stand is the same height as the others then one would assume that the noise would get trapped more so in the ground. This is an extremely exciting prospect

You are not wrong. I can't tell you just how badly I've been waiting for this shit finally to go down. It's like I want to skip life and do the football manager 'go on holiday' for the 2017/18 season just to finally see it now.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Will the pitch be expanded as part of the work?

It's too small for UEFA regulations, IIRC, and has to get an 'exemption' each time you qualify for Europe.

Presumably also prevents hosting full internationals.

No official word just yet unfortunately. If I were to guess; I am of the assumption just now that we'll probably extend it a little bit, but try to keep the extension in line with the pillars/floodlights that hold the Roseburn & Gorgie stands, and will continue to apply for exemption should we make the Europa League. The Champions League is overrated anyway...

Edited by the jambo-rocker