The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

Over the next few years we'll be seeing a lot of Italian clubs doing the same thing; the financial benefits of owning your own stadium make a huge difference and Juventus are already seeing the results of it. Udinese already have plans in place for theirs, with quite a few other teams thinking about it.

Over the next few years we'll be seeing a lot of Italian clubs doing the same thing; the financial benefits of owning your own stadium make a huge difference and Juventus are already seeing the results of it. Udinese already have plans in place for theirs, with quite a few other teams thinking about it.

And here it is:

I love how they're building it down into the ground, bit different and gives you the option of expansion above the surface.

Just a shame Toto won't be playing in it.

Do clubs usually have a "glamour" friendly to open a new stadium? If so I imagine Totti will be involved in that regardless of whether he's retired or not, a Director said he wanted Totti to be the first player on the new pitch, and Totti himself wants that (imagine the fans would too), so its possible they'll set something like that up

Do clubs usually have a "glamour" friendly to open a new stadium? If so I imagine Totti will be involved in that regardless of whether he's retired or not, a Director said he wanted Totti to be the first player on the new pitch, and Totti himself wants that (imagine the fans would too), so its possible they'll set something like that up

I was talking about Antonio Di Natale...

It is not "also" our stadium, it is our stadium, the IFA rent it for Internationals.

Sadly, we rarely fill it.

Yet Linfield are moving into what looks like a much bigger stadium? Does look smart mind.

I believe Landsdowne Road's anomaly came about because of listed buildings at one end.

I actually think it was down to locals complaining their houses wouldn't get enough sunlight if a second tier was added to the North Stand.

This is to be a joint stadium for York City and the local rugby team.

comm_stad_external.jpg

I actually think it was down to locals complaining their houses wouldn't get enough sunlight if a second tier was added to the North Stand.

My pal in Dublin who attends ALL Ireland home games told me that it was a long protracted battle but the fact they were listed Georgian buildings meant that the stadium had to be designed that way.

My pal in Dublin who attends ALL Ireland home games told me that it was a long protracted battle but the fact they were listed Georgian buildings meant that the stadium had to be designed that way.

He'll know more about it than I do, just I seem to remember reading somewhere about how people complained about the lack of sunlight they would get.