The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

I take it this replaced the smaller athletics type stadium that stood next to the Etihad?

Nope. This is on the other side of the stadium from that, diagonally across the major road. It's one mighty impressive complex.

Having said that though, the main stadium at the campus that Rab's pictured above is a bit of style over substance. Having just frozen my bollocks off there watching St Mirren being outclassed by New York City I can confirm it looks looks magnificent but I don't think they really appreciate what a British winter involves. The sides to the stands and terraces are wide open with the roofs very high and there is no real solid backing to three of them, the space being mainly covered with a material that doesn't even fill the space it's in. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting experience when it's lashing and the winds blowing.

Nope. This is on the other side of the stadium from that, diagonally across the major road. It's one mighty impressive complex.

Having said that though, the main stadium at the campus that Rab's pictured above is a bit of style over substance. Having just frozen my bollocks off there watching St Mirren being outclassed by New York City I can confirm it looks looks magnificent but I don't think they really appreciate what a British winter involves. The sides to the stands and terraces are wide open with the roofs very high and there is no real solid backing to three of them, the space being mainly covered with a material that doesn't even fill the space it's in. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting experience when it's lashing and the winds blowing.

Credit where it's due to City, they seem to have thought of everything. Going by that they've even built a "Cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke simulator".

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Milan were officially given the go-ahead for their new stadium the other day, which means Inter can start looking at re-developing the San Siro. From what I've read the biggest change will be reducing the capacity down to around about 60,000.