The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

Are there any renderings of what Anfield's supposed to look like when it's finished? Because I'm envisioning a stand double the size of rest of them, which seems silly.

the other half of what you are looking for his here.

the corner sections look poor, they have also had to cut a section out of the roof at either end to allow people to see from the Main stand so fans at the front are going to get wet.

There is a long term aim of developing this end but its not corporate so the chances of it being built are slim.

eYVB3ug.jpg

Shame it will be full of permed scousers.

That's not the market the club are going for.

Supposedly they are marketing these seats down in London to the corporate market, hence the rush to build this and not develop the stand behind the goal.

In a football manager career where I took Salisbury City from the Conference South to... everything, really, I went through about five stadium expansions that all put a couple of thousand seats in the place. I always wondered what it would look like in reality, assuming that none of the stands or anything matched (especially since one of them involved replacing a standing area with seats). That Anfield expectation makes the whole image seem a bit less romantic than I'd thought previously.

Surely those at the back of the top tier will really struggle to see the game?

It'll not be ideal you won't see much beyond the far touchline with the roof blocking the rest out. No pillars in the way though like at the moment.

Was in Istanbul last week and had a look at Besiktas's new stadium being built. It was supposed to be up and running this season, but absolutely no chance. I'd be surprised if it's ready for next season. Still, when it is ready it'll be the dog's donads.

The Vodafone arena will be cracking when it's finally completed.

The Turkish government is on some sort of vanity project building/part funding all these huge new stadiums.

The Vodafone arena will be cracking when it's finally completed.

The Turkish government is on some sort of vanity project building/part funding all these huge new stadiums.

Turkey's economy has been booming in a big way over the few years, surprised considering how quickly their infrastructure has improved that their stadium building has been so slow. A Euros or World Cup there would be very decent when all built.

Antalyaspor's new ground

11221617_10153234340167777_5662666144654

Turkey's economy has been booming in a big way over the few years, surprised considering how quickly their infrastructure has improved that their stadium building has been so slow. A Euros or World Cup there would be very decent when all built.

Antalyaspor's new ground

11221617_10153234340167777_5662666144654

I've been to Antalyaspor's new stadium and it's very impressive. It was built as part of the euro 16 bid from Turkey. The capacity is over 30,000 but Antalya are lucky to get half of that at any game.

post-35456-14445078572866_thumb.jpg

post-35012-14451068081446_thumb.jpg

A snap outside White Hart Lane today. I didn't realise that they were so close to starting work on a new ground. No building work has been started yet as full permission is still to be granted but the site next to the existing ground has been cleared. Chat is that Chelsea have offered the FA more money to rent Wembley so MK Dons might be an option while the work is done.