The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, ArabGaz said:

Do you know what the future plans are for redevelopment? Will this stand be it for the time being or are they looking to move on to the next phase in the very near future?

There's not been too much said about it but although the Main Stand is open there is still a bit of work to be done and I would imagine the owners will want to see it full across a season or two before fully committing to the next stage. 

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Chat from Liverpool fans I'm seeing is that development of the Anfield Road end to bring capacity to 60,000 will be happening soon.

That would be phase 2 bringing it to around 58500. No confirmation of timescales but expect it to happen in the next few years. 

That would be phase 2 bringing it to around 58500. No confirmation of timescales but expect it to happen in the next few years. 

Are there any houses to be bought at knockdown prices to complete this phase?
Or have Liverpool already purchased them.

@lfcgoodneighbours

22 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

@lfcgoodneighbours

Loads but won't be an obstacle just turf them out. #griefmerchant 

10 hours ago, bud1876 said:

@lfcgoodneighbours

They're probably waiting for them to be devalued further. The homeowners might still be able to get some equity out of it. Give it time.

19 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Good idea Rab. Some unfortunate fires would suit both sides. You just need to make sure you dump the petrol cans properly afterwards.

Ha ha :lol:

On a serious note the area behind the Anfield Road end was largely cleared a few years ago so I think it could happen pretty quickly. 

Rumours the Kop could be extended too but one thing at a time. 

28 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ha ha :lol:

On a serious note the area behind the Anfield Road end was largely cleared a few years ago so I think it could happen pretty quickly. 

Rumours the Kop could be extended too but one thing at a time. 

Surprised at them thinking about doing anything to the Kop let alone extend it. Obviously a money winner for tourists but won't the Kop regulars be up in arms?

I don't think they will be able to extend the Kop as it sits too close to Walton Breck Road, which is a main thoroughfare. There is also an agreement with the local Council that there would need to be better traffic links to the stadium (a new train station has been mentioned) if the capacity goes over 60,000. I can't see that happening to be honest. The ARE can be extended quite easily, but it will mean there will need to be a tunnel type thing like under the Main Stand at Old Trafford to allow seating going over it. Will be an expensive venture to only add about 5,000 seats at most.

41 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I don't think they will be able to extend the Kop as it sits too close to Walton Breck Road, which is a main thoroughfare. There is also an agreement with the local Council that there would need to be better traffic links to the stadium (a new train station has been mentioned) if the capacity goes over 60,000. I can't see that happening to be honest. The ARE can be extended quite easily, but it will mean there will need to be a tunnel type thing like under the Main Stand at Old Trafford to allow seating going over it. Will be an expensive venture to only add about 5,000 seats at most.

5000 extra seats bringing in a lot of money fully expect it to happen. The money being generated by the club and the potential for them to help further regenerate the area  I wouldn't be surprised to see further development. 

Oh, I totally agree that the ARE will get developed pretty soon. I would expect an announcement this year. I would estimate a cost of between £50M to £75M though which is a hell of a lot of money for 5000 seats. I would expect a fair amount of those will be corporate hospitality seats, so the money would be made back pretty quickly. That is where the club has been losing out to the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United over the last few years, not on the punters like you and I.

58 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Oh, I totally agree that the ARE will get developed pretty soon. I would expect an announcement this year. I would estimate a cost of between £50M to £75M though which is a hell of a lot of money for 5000 seats. I would expect a fair amount of those will be corporate hospitality seats, so the money would be made back pretty quickly. That is where the club has been losing out to the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United over the last few years, not on the punters like you and I.

If those figures are right it is a lot of money for 5000 seats. This kind of answers 7-2 question above too about the Kop regulars. The club has to go down the corporate route to cover the costs and then try to keep up with others. 

The Liverpool fans on the Football ground guide forum think the ARE development will not happen at all, the big push was for corporate seats in the new stand, they have these now. It would just be standard seats and the pay back period is too long.

They also don't think the demand for extra seats is too big, clubs want a season ticket waiting list as it keeps the existing fans renewing.

23 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The Liverpool fans on the Football ground guide forum think the ARE development will not happen at all, the big push was for corporate seats in the new stand, they have these now. It would just be standard seats and the pay back period is too long.

They also don't think the demand for extra seats is too big, clubs want a season ticket waiting list as it keeps the existing fans renewing.

Personally I think there could be some truth in the first part. I know the club have really had to push their hospitality packages in the new stand and especially midweek it could be tricky. 

With a season ticket waiting list of 25000 closed 5 years ago I don't go for the second part.