The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:39, Rab B Nesbit said:

Personally I think there could be some truth in the first part. I know the club have really had to push their hospitality packages in the new stand and especially midweek it could be tricky. 

With a season ticket waiting list of 25000 closed 5 years ago I don't go for the second part. 

So they now don't appear to need to expand the ARE, due to ticket prices being too low.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2016/09/28/liverpool-reassesses-further-anfield-expansion-after-protest/91244930/

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

So they now don't appear to need to expand the ARE, due to ticket prices being too low.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2016/09/28/liverpool-reassesses-further-anfield-expansion-after-protest/91244930/

I'm really not so sure the BBC put together a similar article yesterday from John Henry's short quote. I'm kind of glad he's brought this up because it's a very valid point. I still expect it to be built though and with a potential pedestrian area behind the Kop further redevelopment. 

15 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

FC Krasnodor of Russia have built this absolute peach of a stadium based on the Colosseum, with a crazy 360 degree screen thing. Only holds 36000 as well.

B4JzMTH.jpg

KRLY5BP.jpg

Apwc4al.jpg

That's pretty sweet. I assume it'll be getting used for the World Cup?

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think Birmingham City might struggle a bit to fill a 55,000 seater stadium.

At the moment, yes. 

Rangers and Celtic can fill 50,000 seater stadia in Glasgow. Liverpool and Everton are planning bigger stadia with capacities of over 50k in Liverpool. Birmingham and Aston Villa should be to attract large attendances in a much bigger city. 

On 11 October 2016 at 12:33, Sloop John B said:

FC Krasnodor of Russia have built this absolute peach of a stadium based on the Colosseum, with a crazy 360 degree screen thing. Only holds 36000 as well.

B4JzMTH.jpg

KRLY5BP.jpg

Apwc4al.jpg

That screen is amazing. 

B4JzMTH.jpg

KRLY5BP.jpg

Apwc4al.jpg

Not sure what to think of the big screen. Love the gradient in the colours of the seats though, looks lush.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/watch-salford-city-unveil-plans-12021556

Salford-City22.jpg

The Class of 92's vanity project continues with their plans for a rebuilt stadium.

I suppose they need something resembling a senior ground for when Ryan Giggs finally realises this is where he'll get his first managerial post.

23 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/watch-salford-city-unveil-plans-12021556

Salford-City22.jpg

The Class of 92's vanity project continues with their plans for a rebuilt stadium.

I suppose they need something resembling a senior ground for when Ryan Giggs finally realises this is where he'll get his first managerial post.

Senior?

• 1 month later...