Titanfall

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am. I was reading it's only 6 per team and the rest bots though?

Still, looking forward to it despite being initially underwhelmed. Think it could be excellent.

Hows the Xbox One so far, SF?

Good thus far. It's much faster loading etc than the 360 and you can switch between things easily and quickly. Forza 5 looks incredible and 64 player Battlefield 4 at 60fps is tremendous.

I'd still hold off until more games are out if you are thinking about getting one but I'm happy with it.

A good Internet connection is a must if you are thinking about downloading anything though, games are huge.

I'll probably hold off till the spring to go next gen, still really undecided whether to go PS4 or stick with XBox.

Broadband speeds in Ayrshire are absolutely awful just now. I was talking to a guy I know who has an XBox One and he said it took around 45 hours to install Battlefield 4, and, while it was installing he couldn't do anything else?

is that right enough? If so, that's a disgrace.

I am. I was reading it's only 6 per team and the rest bots though?

Still, looking forward to it despite being initially underwhelmed. Think it could be excellent.

Yes. That match I posted looked busy though, plenty of action. I think it's game play will be slick.

Have to say the more I'm seeing of this game the less I actually like about it.

That kind of arcade shooter doesn't seem to appeal to me that much anymore. The other day I had a craving for CoD so I played some Black Ops 2 and just wasn't having that much fun.

Think I'll be saving my money for Elder Scrolls and might pick it up when it comes down in price or at least hold out for some first impressions/reviews of the game.

The gif I ripped was too big to upoad, but from one of the Eurogamer videos there's a moment where the player spots a five bots running close together in a cluster up a street (granted it was closeish to a wall for some cover). The pilot's grenade took out three of them and killed the others after equipping the rifle again. If the bot AI is going to be that bad then it's quickly going to just turn into a rush for bot blasting before the toys are unlocked.

The animation for getting into a titan is swish though, I love the four panels of the screen coming together.

I've never really been into multiplayer FPS games (other than CS) so cant really get the excitement over this game either. Plus it's been soooo hyped, my mate basically said he was getting an Xbox and this was one of the main reasons why. I'd be surprised if it amounted to much ore than a standard shooter. How much more can you actually do with the genre?

The bots are a bit concerning tbh. We have 64 player battlefield 4 so why do we have 6 a side and bots?

For a next gen Multiplayer FPS to only have 6 vs 6 is very poor. I didnt know it was that bad. I wasn't sold on this game before, now its got no chance.

so cant really get the excitement over this game either. Plus it's been soooo hyped, my mate basically said he was getting an Xbox and this was one of the main reasons why. I'd be surprised if it amounted to much ore than a standard shooter. How much more can you actually do with the genre?

This, it doesn't have much of a chance to live up to its hype when its only 6 vs 6. It seems like the robots are just a gimmick.

I'm not writing it off, I'll wait and see the reviews before deciding to buy it. The way EA are talking about it being around for a while means it must have something that's got them excited or it's really going to damage their already "fragile" reputation.

Just found out this game is using the source engine. A next gen shooter using a game engine from 2004? No wonder it's 6 vs 6

I've been watching videos and I'm now thinking much the same tbh. Seems really odd having the big titans but not having any destructible environments like battlefield?

Is this EA's COD?

Strangely I think I'd actually be more excited for the game if it didn't have the titans :lol:

A futuristic multiplayer shooter where you can jump off walls and use jet packs to parkour around the map with perhaps 10v10 or 12v12 actually sounds quite fun.

Gear of War is one of the best games ever made and it's 4 vs 4 so I'm not really sure what the big deal is.

For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying the beta and it keeps your pilot (human) and minion (AI) kills separate.

Gear of War is one of the best games ever made and it's 4 vs 4 so I'm not really sure what the big deal is.

For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying the beta and it keeps your pilot (human) and minion (AI) kills separate.

Gears of war is old, quite old. I thought the whole point was it's next generation, new innovative.

Archived