People who have changed from undecided/no to yes

conboyhibs

Must of got my hopes up that day, it's gone because day after day I read the same pish about Salmond, The SNP and how we are all doomed if a YES vote happens. Fingers are crossed but hopes are not up at this moment in time.

I'm glad that the reality of the situation has finally dawned on you.

You never called me a fud or a fanny in that post though, quick edit needed?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I was undecided and then decided I was going to vote No. I stuck by that for about 18 months but since the Euro elections I've started thinking about voting Yes. f**k knows what I'll vote in September though.

T4EmVMr.jpg

Nice to see your debating skills haven't improved much. I would call you a fanny and a rocket back, but I'm not 12 years old

I don't know one single person who's changed from no to yes. However, unlike you, I'm not naive enough to factor in personal experience as anything remotely meaningful.

Call me a fanny again though, it's great for this discussion.

What a strange thing to say. You walk about life not putting any weight behind personal experience?

I personally don't know one person who's moved from Yes to No. In my experience, Yes voters are pretty much set in stone, whereas No voters haven't really read up on it and are more open to being argued over to a Yes vote.

Just my experience, ken?

I personally don't know one person who's moved from Yes to No. In my experience, Yes voters are pretty much set in stone, whereas No voters haven't really read up on it and are more open to being argued over to a Yes vote.

Just my experience, ken?

Pretty much mine too.

I've known quite a lot of undecided folk who weren't convinced but more recently they have changed to Yes. I don't know any Yes voter who has moved the other way. There can't be many of them at all - the BT campaign has been utterly dreadful.

I still think No will edge it but that's mainly due to a large chunk of their support who either haven't engaged in any meaningful way or are not very politically astute. I'm not saying all No voters are numpties - but most numpties are more likely to vote No.

Out of interest, what about the Euro elections makes you want to vote yes? Be very specific, please.

Why would anyone need to be specific about why they've changed their mind? Once again you're trying to copy other posters yet getting it all wrong. Trying too hard.

I actually spoke with someone at work who was of the opinion that independence won't work, but he said he won't be voting as he basically doesn't want to be on the end of abuse if it is a No vote, because he can just say he never voted.

I wonder how many more there are like him. We actually had a decentish discussion about it, although it was nowhere near long enough.

I'm not saying all No voters are numpties - but most numpties are more likely to vote No.

This is a very good point. Of course it would be wrong to say that ALL No voters are idiots, just either not brave enough, in it for selfish reasons or they haven't looked into all the facts.

But I would say that a larger proportion of numpties are likely to vote No.

What a strange thing to say. You walk about life not putting any weight behind personal experience?

Jeez, didn't you get the context?

I actually spoke with someone at work who was of the opinion that independence won't work, but he said he won't be voting as he basically doesn't want to be on the end of abuse if it is a No vote, because he can just say he never voted.

I wonder how many more there are like him. We actually had a decentish discussion about it, although it was nowhere near long enough.

What a sad indictment of this campaign :(

Jeez, didn't you get the context?

No I got it - but you don't put any weight in personal experience when working out something like the mood of the nation? Its a strange thing to say - and suggests you just wanted to attack the viewpoint that you didn't agree with - without really thinking about what you were saying.

Does he know the vote is done in secret?

He could vote No and still tell his pals that he didn't vote - or even tell them that he voted Yes.

No I got it - but you don't put any weight in personal experience when working out something like the mood of the nation? Its a strange thing to say - and suggests you just wanted to attack the viewpoint that you didn't agree with - without really thinking about what you were saying.

Well my personal experience is that no one is switching from no to yes.

Do I believe that's the case? Of course not. I said I can separate personal experience from the reality of the big picture.

Can't you?

He could vote No and still tell his pals that he didn't vote - or even tell them that he voted Yes.

There will be a lot of people doing that, for the reasons Jamaldo quoted. A lot of people are too scared to tell people they're voting no.

It's quite sad really.

What a sad indictment of this campaign :(

Wouldn't disagree with that.

Are people apathetic about an independent Scotland, or just politics in general? I'd like to think this is about more than politics but a lot of non-voters will be staying away for the main reason that they believe it will make absolutely no difference, and it will just be a different set of c***s ruling us instead of the c***s down south.

But he would know how he voted.

Archived