EU membership

invergowrie arab

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I addressed that earlier in the thread, what is your opinion though?

My opinion is, if you think what Osbourne, Alexander and Balls said was bullying, be prepared for a proper arse spanking to gain entry to the EU.

My opinion is, if you think what Osbourne, Alexander and Balls said was bullying, be prepared for a proper arse spanking to gain entry to the EU.

Nah, I think these guys are the best possible reason to vote YES, the more they try to bully the more impotent they seem to me. If we get an arse spanking we don't join, the people would never forgive a Scottish Government for joining on the wrong terms.

It wouldn't matter to me if it was plan Z as long as we have viable alternatives.

It matters in terms of credibility.

Would you believe someone, or more pertinently vote for someone, who said "Right, the first 20 odd plans were baws (soz about that), but we're sure plan 26 is going to be fine".

If the EU legal advice contradicts the SNP, are they going to adopt this week's bluster and bullshit line, or are they going to actually admit defeat and come up with a Plan C on the hoof? That's going to be interesting. Very interesting.

I must admit, watching the SNP squirm is great sport.

It matters in terms of credibility.

Would you believe someone, or more pertinently vote for someone, who said "Right, the first 20 odd plans were baws (soz about that), but we're sure plan 26 is going to be fine".

If the EU legal advice contradicts the SNP, are they going to adopt this week's bluster and bullshit line, or are they going to actually admit defeat and come up with a Plan C on the hoof? That's going to be interesting. Very interesting.

I must admit, watching the SNP squirm is great sport.

I was being a wee facetious about plan Z, my point is that there is a viable alternative. Can you direct me somewhere that I can read a bit more about this pending EU advice please?

If we get an arse spanking we don't join, the people would never forgive a Scottish Government for joining on the wrong terms.

Shouldn't any terms and conditions be put to a public vote before agreeing to join?

Then we'd only have ourselves to blame if it we joined and then it went tits up.

I was being a wee facetious about plan Z, my point is that there is a viable alternative. Can you direct me somewhere that I can read a bit more about this pending EU advice please?

There's almost always a viable alternative. But when you put all your eggs in one basket, the fact that there are other baskets available once they smash isn't really great.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-eu-to-outline-legal-advice-1-3298316

Half of Spain's fishing fleet fishes off Scottish coasts, there's no chance they'll endanger that.

Under common agricultural policy, which is one of the few truly supranational legislative bodies within the EU, in that the CAP over-rides any contradictory domestic policy and legislation. The Spanish fishing fleet will continue to make hay, as it were, off Scottish coasts irrespective of what vote comes in the referendum, and if Scotland joins the EU.

Under common agricultural policy, which is one of the few truly supranational legislative bodies within the EU, in that the CAP over-rides any contradictory domestic policy and legislation. The Spanish fishing fleet will continue to make hay, as it were, off Scottish coasts irrespective of what vote comes in the referendum, and if Scotland joins the EU.

Are you saying that if Scotland wasn't an EU member the Spanish fishing fleet would be entitled to fish in Scotland's territorial waters?

The point being that the Spanish can be told to get to f**k if we're bit in the EU.

Archived