Campaign .jpgs etc

scottsdad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BhYUkHeIUAAHqpN.jpg

I dislike her immensely but it's unfair to share that quote without context.

What she said was entirely reasonable. The subject of the bedroom tax come up and she was asked if it would be introduced in an independent Scotland: "...it could be introduced anywhere if people thought it was a good idea; we're not genetically programmed in Scotland to make political decisions. We choose the world we live in and have to win the political argument"

She never said that Scots don't have the ability to make political decisions, she was saying that we are not programmed to make the exact same choices all the time.

What she said was entirely reasonable. The subject of the bedroom tax come up and she was asked if it would be introduced in an independent Scotland: "...it could be introduced anywhere if people thought it was a good idea; we're not genetically programmed in Scotland to make political decisions. We choose the world we live in and have to win the political argument"

She never said that Scots don't have the ability to make political decisions, she was saying that we are not programmed to make the exact same choices all the time.

Exactly. The character assassination that followed that exchange was unnecessary imo. Even Nicola Sturgeon didn't make a big deal out of it.

It's not unfair at all. She said that exact sentence. Defending the indefensible, imo.

It's not unfair at all. She said that exact sentence. Defending the indefensible, imo.

One sentence can mean hundreds of different things before context is applied.

I don't know how anyone can have watched that interview and come to that conclusion (if they were listening to both sides).

Joan McAlpine had a similar incident a few years ago where she described the Westminster parties as being anti-scottish for trying to undermine the mandate the Scottish Government were given by the people of Scotland (which is absolutely correct) and Nicola Sturgeon had the moment where she was accused of calling people that want to stay in the union as 'crazy' because she made a point that people in other countries wouldn't be able to comprehend what the debate in Scotland was about.

It happens a lot but it's no excuse to spread it.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the No campaigns obsession with Braveheart? You would think Mel Gibson came up with the idea if an independent Scotland FFS

I think whatever is left of the Yes campaign's warchest (lol) should be spent on Mel Gibson in full costume doing the speech the day after the yes vote, just to get it right up all the self loathers/Braveheart obsessives. They'll be off to Wales in a flash.

Just how I always imagined it...

One of the pro independence groups on my Facebook have made allegations that the woman in that poster and 2 other people from other better together posters all claim to be from Glasgow when actually they all I've in England and work for the same PR company. Whether it's true or just a wild claim is purely speculation.

One of the pro independence groups on my Facebook have made allegations that the woman in that poster and 2 other people from other better together posters all claim to be from Glasgow when actually they all I've in England and work for the same PR company. Whether it's true or just a wild claim is purely speculation.

I've heard that too. Here's the pictures of the same folk off the VoteNoBorders posters on the website of a Cambridge-based photography company:

http://www.theimagefile.com/web/claireborley/

The site does say they're from Glasgow though. Most likely this company was simply hired by VNB to come up and photograph these "unpolished voters" that they'd managed to find in Glasgow - or maybe they all got a free trip down to the studio in Cambridge. Who knows?

The photographer probably didn't even know what the pictures were going to be used for.

This deserves to be in here. From today's SOS. It's a quite disturbing picture in my view. I mean what is that look on his face all about? Looks as though he has just shot his load

post-48383-0-15326800-1400401512_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Archived