Eurovision

Sooky

Instruments can only be mimed at Eurovision??? Has this always been the case? What's the reasoning behind that?

As far as I'm aware, it's to do with the fact that sound checking and moving everyone's instruments on and off stage would take too long.

Mel doing her milf wannabe act was creepy. Joe and Jack did a professional job on a shite song, probably deserved it though Darline had more potential if they slicked up their act.

Edited by welshbairn

Instruments can only be mimed at Eurovision??? Has this always been the case? What's the reasoning behind that?

I read somewhere it has been mimed instruments on stage since 2004.

Backing tracks in operation since 1999. The last live orchestra was at the 1998 Eurovision held in Birmingham (and the use of the orchestra was optional, a backing track could still be used).

There must be some folk who think the instruments on stage are live when in fact it's all air guitar etc.

Some of the instrument miming does look quite convincing - like the 2011 Italy song. I think he presses some of the piano keys later in the song but the piano would not have been miked up.

Absolute horse manure. The worst act by a mile won it because of the female pubescent wet pants vote. Nul points in Stockholm I am afraid. £10 on britain getting nul points. Phree Money.

Correct....those two were barely in tune. Yon katrina lassie blew away all of the acts. At a push dulcima or lund might have done something in Stockholm but genuinely think even Ireland will nil point the two failed boybanders.

The Eurovision is literally my television hihlight of the year. Roll on May!!

Same.....hoping new voting system will make for more tension and that a few mentalist acts get through......only disappointment is uk entry is crap.....bbc really needs to get a grip of selecting a credible performer

• 1 month later...

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!

Here's a shameful poll -

On whether Britain should remain in or leave the Eurovision song contest:

Remain: 21%

Leave: 31%

Wouldn't vote: 39%

(via YouGov)

Also, because I'm immensely sad and a raving homosexual, I've listened to all the Eurovision songs and ranked them. post-13555-14621831615582_thumb.jpg

The most amazing thing about that is that I don't regard any of the Big 5 as being utter shite.

Edited by Sooky

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!

Here's a shameful poll -

On whether Britain should remain in or leave the Eurovision song contest:

Remain: 21%

Leave: 31%

Wouldn't vote: 39%

(via YouGov)

Also, because I'm immensely sad and a raving homosexual, I've listened to all the Eurovision songs and ranked them. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1462183160.689916.jpg

The most amazing thing about that is that I don't regard any of the Big 5 as being utter shite.

It's going to be a truly dreadful show this year if you rate the UK entry that high.

It's going to be a truly dreadful show this year if you rate the UK entry that high.

In good news, it'll probably be bottom 5. It's just my personal preference + incredibly optimistic thinking.

I haven't listened to it. Don't want to spoil it for myself.

I'm much the same. Try to avoid listening to the tracks before the semi finals get started. The UK entry isn't the one I would have gone for but can see it doing better than recent efforts.

So looking forward to this. Immensely jealous of my boss who's got tickets for both semis and the grand final.

Cyprus, France and Georgia my 3 favourites at the moment.

I had hoped I was going to have a saturday of Glasgow in the Pro12 Semi, Ayr in the Championship play off final and then Eurovision but Ayr game (as long as we dont hibs it against Peterhead) is on the Sunday now