Eurovision

Sooky

So Austria, Estonia, Cyprus, Lithuania, Israel, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Albania, Finland and Ireland make it through.

Israel, Finland and Cyprus are all very good. Stunned that Azerbaijan didn't make it.

We’re going to miss out on seeing the very impartial Azerbaijani and Armenian juries rate each other last in the final for once!

Thought the first semi final last night was really good. Thought that Israel lassie was bonkers but exactly the entertaining song that will do well. Ireland's song was good I thought and loved the cheer that came from the crowd when the dancers came on stage hand in hand. Lithuania's song was beautiful, Tremendous effort. Austria was another one I liked. Wife liked Bulgaria but I thought it was sh!t.

Looking ahead to the 2nd Semi on Thursday, Wee Alexander from Norway appears again, 9 years after he won it, with a catchy pop song. Rasmussen is up for Denmark and a dancing robot from the usual batshit crazy San Marinese.

Bring it on!

Edited by shahid khan

Have made a habit of watching the favourites' videos a few weeks before (amazingly I am actually straight and not a VL) and picking some bets. Have done this to good effect in recent years in terms of getting big odds that come flying down before the event.

My first thought was that the then heavy favourite Israel was a pile of absolute shite and that France and Bulgaria would be decent each ways. I was right about Israel falling away and France coming in but the Bulgarians might've been a bad shout by the look of it. There often seems to be one who surge in the last week and that seems to be Cyprus this time.