Eurovision

Sooky

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

Aye, they fair ramped up the drama. Some of those involved will be scarred for life.

Some have missed there chance to compete again and are now drawing their pensions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Naitch hope you don’t mind me asking. You listened to the countries that have selected their representative yet? 

Was toying with the idea of staying away from it as I felt there were a few that were really good in the music video that got no where near qualifying. Left me annoyed with some of the pish that did get through (although I didn’t watch the semi finals live). 

Went back and watched last years final last month and my opinion on a few songs has fairly 180’d especially with Germany. I also see how some are just not meant to be live and come across so much better in the music video (one you guys mentioned was who the hell is Edgar which I thought is still garbage live). 

7 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Hey Naitch hope you don’t mind me asking. You listened to the countries that have selected their representative yet? 

Was toying with the idea of staying away from it as I felt there were a few that were really good in the music video that got no where near qualifying. Left me annoyed with some of the pish that did get through (although I didn’t watch the semi finals live). 

Went back and watched last years final last month and my opinion on a few songs has fairly 180’d especially with Germany. I also see how some are just not meant to be live and come across so much better in the music video (one you guys mentioned was who the hell is Edgar which I thought is still garbage live). 

No, I’ve not listened to any yet.

I tend to stay clear until near enough finals week and take it all in then.

There were a few songs which didn’t translate well live last year though they’re usually in the minority.

Olly has been wheeling in the big guns to tease his song…

I always tend to watch all the video's and download the official album to give the songs a listen to before the semi's start (insert kenneth williams gif here), but will probably wait until they are all out

As above there are always a fair few that just dont translate from video / recording onto the big stage. From Jana Burchcheska for Macedonia trying to do an up tempo pop song at 7 months pregnant (Dance Alone was a cracking tune in 2017 - didnt get to the final) to quirky comedy song of Who the hell is edgar last year. A lot is either down to the singer being bad live and the video / recording are autotuned or they change the song too much before the final that the live version is so much worse than the original. It goes the other way as well, as the main men of Moldova Zdob zi Zdub were much better live I thought than the video

Edited by honestly united

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/02/2024 at 20:22, MazzyStar said:

Easy Netherlands win this year imo 

This is the entry:

Embarrassingly bad. Absolutely 0 chance this will make the final. I voted for The Netherlands a fair few times in the past, just like so many expats voting for their own country, but there is no way I'll vote for this!

15 minutes ago, Marten said:

This is the entry:

Embarrassingly bad. Absolutely 0 chance this will make the final. I voted for The Netherlands a fair few times in the past, just like so many expats voting for their own country, but there is no way I'll vote for this!

Say what you like but they’ve got the 2unlimited and Scooter vote secured with that banger.

23 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Say what you like but they’ve got the 2unlimited and Scooter vote secured with that banger.

Thanks for making me laugh. :D 

2 hours ago, Marten said:

This is the entry:

It’s not his best effort. He would have been better using the one I posted.