Eurovision

Sooky

One of the main sponsors is an Israeli company. This is an absolute shitshow. Saw a video of the Finnish rep refusing to give them 12 points in rehearsals, saying Ireland twice instead before the cut away. 

We all knew it was never always about the songs, but this is just beyond anything ever seen in the past surely. 

I’ve been thinking for a while that Israel are going to end up winning this. Just wish I’d put money on when you could get about 40/1.

Similar mechanics to what got the SNP 50+ seats in 2015: one side motivated, and a clear way for them to vote, and any anti-Israel vote split between the other 24 counties. Not sure if it was a fake, but reports of them getting about 38% of the public vote from Italy in the semi final: the next highest was about 8-9%.

Based on musical merit alone it’ll probably pick up a decent share of jury votes.

The odds of it winning have come right in at the bookies too. Just hope that both I and them are wrong on this one.

Posted (edited)

No politics allowed, but the Swiss participant came on with the non-binary rights flag. much more power to them, but what a hypocritical nonsense.   The cheers for Israel was also clearly dubbed. 

It’s great.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Just now, Savage Henry said:

No politics allowed, but the Swiss guy came on with the trans rights flag. much more power to them, but what a hypocritical nonsense.   The cheers for Israel was also clearly dubbed. 

It’s great.  

* state politics not allowed. Values politics is.

Allegedly.