Eurovision

Sooky

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

VOTING CHANGE ALERT!!!

post-13555-14557877264185_thumb.jpg

So basically, instead of combing the results of the national jury + national televotes, they're announcing the jury results separately but in the same manner they always do. Then the points for each country through televoting will be combined and announced by the hosts from last to first place.

General idea seems to be to keep it more exciting right up until the end and try and ensure we won't be certain who has won until the very

end.

At first it sounds like it'll increase the running length of the show, but I guess they could easily announce the jury results whilst still calculating the televoting.

Generally I'm resistant to most forms of change (I am after all a heartless Tory) but I think this could work really well actually.

Also Sooky, when is it announced who our entry is this year?

We have national selection back (God help us) on Friday 26th Feb where the public will pick between a shortlist of 6 acts who'll perform on the night. That, and the semi-finals, will now be on BBC Four due to the demise of BBC Three.

All six entries will probably be horrendous.

We have national selection back (God help us) on Friday 26th Feb where the public will pick between a shortlist of 6 acts who'll perform on the night. That, and the semi-finals, will now be on BBC Four due to the demise of BBC Three.

All six entries will probably be horrendous.

If BBC4 cancel another miserable Scandinavian detective drama over this I'll be writing an angry letter, mark my words.

Interesting stuff. Do we know who the 6 acts are yet? I'm assuming a selection of failed x factor acts and 90s pop stars?

Don't forget the obligatory auld yin you assume had died years ago.

Who's likely this time round? Lulu? Cliff Richard?

We'll go with some generic pop shite, as ever. Need to try something different, search for a British Lordi.

Or bung an opera singer in to do some well over the top emotional aria.

P.S. Something like this:

Edited by welshbairn