@ yes supporters: How will you react if the result is no

Mr Bairn

Uh... what?

Do you understand what this story is about you utter fool?

Its not a request about Scotland.

Insults eh?

OK you retarded fuckwit, explain what the story is about then, bearing in mind the headline was " Legal advice on Scottish EU membership 'within weeks"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/legal-advice-on-scottish-eu-membership-within-weeks.23373248

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It related to the principle not a specific example. Hence why Spanish MEPs were interested.

Why are you celebrating not getting to see information?

It related to the principle not a specific example. Hence why Spanish MEPs were interested.

Why are you celebrating not getting to see information?

Legal advice, on a principal?????

And what what makes you think I'm celebrating at not getting this information? I would have loved that advice to have been asked for and given. If anything I was having a wee chuckle at you being wrong again. I dont think you will ever be able to climb out of that bucket of fail you have fallen into.

And what what makes you think I'm celebrating at not getting this information? I would have loved that advice to have been asked for and given. If anything I was having a wee chuckle at you being wrong again. I dont think you will ever be able to climb out of that bucket of fail you have fallen into.

You were crowing about advice which was actually sought being blocked by Schultz .

As indeed in a disgusting statement was an SNP MEP.

As i said its typical Clown Collective behaviour. Celebrating Scots not being given evidence in this debate.

Learn to spell principle correctly or crawl back under your rock.

And in what way was i wrong?

The advice was commissioned... it just wont be published.

Hooray for transparency and open government EU style.

I think within a United Kingdom of Britain, I'll be allowed to celebrate my Irish heritage so i'll be voting No defo

Hiya seamus, hiya pal.

Getting a postal vote for the Travelodge are we?

You were crowing about advice which was actually sought being blocked by Schultz .

As indeed in a disgusting statement was an SNP MEP.

As i said its typical Clown Collective behaviour. Celebrating Scots not being given evidence in this debate.

We are talking about a legal opinion being given, but we already know that different legal experts have different opinions on this matter, so issuing another one isn't going to provide clarity. It's a shame the legal profession is full of such cocks, but that's how it is. Martin Shulz has simply said he doesn't think the EU should be seen to be interfering in this debate. Sounds sensible to me.

We know what the EU treaties say, and we know what EU regulations say. They are not being hidden by anyone. Nobody knows for sure how they will be interpreted *after* a Yes vote, so nobody can clarify now what will happen after a Yes vote. Anyone claiming to do so, from either side, isn't sincerely attempting to inform voters.

And in what way was i wrong?

The advice was commissioned... it just wont be published.

Hooray for transparency and open government EU style.

Yawn.....

The UK government is so open and transparent however? Politics in general too.

Your rhetoric is predictable and serves little purpose

Why don't you tell us the positive future you see for the UK, seeing as you are such an adamant supporter?

Oh thats right you just come on here to stir it and avoid the questions you don't like.

I for one would be very disappointed that the people of my country fail to see the benefits of governing themselves mostly through fear of change and selfishness to not try and improve things for the less fortunate when so many other countries throughout the world have seen the benefits and most with a fraction of the resources that we have yet not one has changed it's mind about self governance. I would however continue with my life and hope that all who believe in a free Scotland will continue to campaign for it as I believe it is not IF it is When we achieve independence.

I think some of the most disappointed though will be on the no side as the promise of 'Jam tomorrow' will no doubt disappear as it did in the 1980's when people belived the lies of Westminster, what's the saying 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' and I think a lot of NO voters want Devo -Max but will discover very quickly this will never happen that is why Cameron didn't want it on the ballot, if anything Westminster will try to cut our powers to stop Nationalism gaining another referendum.

I would never want to leave for Canada or New Zealand as I love my country, I would continue to argue for our independence as long as I am able to do so I think it's a shame so many class themselves as Scottish yet don't want to stand on their own two feet as Scots like the Irish managed almost 100 years ago.

Martin Shulz has simply said he doesn't think the EU should be seen to be interfering in this debate. Sounds sensible to me.

Yes, typical Yes supporter.

Providing information is "interfering" in the debate is it? Much better that we just trust what the SNP have asserted (whilst absolutely failing to evidence their position).

Yawn.....

The UK government is so open and transparent however?

The UK government published in full the legal advice they commissioned on this topic.

The Scottish government have lied about having any, made assertions they have refused to evidence.

So yes, the UK government has completely and utterly owned the Scottish government on this issue. The SNP have zero credibility on the matter.

Also, let's not pretend here that this is some legal problem that sees scholars lined up equally on either side and well really, it's just a coin toss as to who is right. The absolute preponderance of legal opinion is very clear on the issue of state succession and has forced the SNP into an embarrassing climbdown from their earlier position.

The UK government published in full the legal advice they commissioned on this topic.

The Scottish government have lied about having any, made assertions they have refused to evidence.

So yes, the UK government has completely and utterly owned the Scottish government on this issue. The SNP have zero credibility on the matter.

Also, let's not pretend here that this is some legal problem that sees scholars lined up equally on either side and well really, it's just a coin toss as to who is right. The absolute preponderance of legal opinion is very clear on the issue of state succession and has forced the SNP into an embarrassing climbdown from their earlier position.

Complete baloney.

The Uk govt as the member state, is the only party in this debate who can request a full official judgement on this matter from the EU.

They have failed to do so.

Why?

Cos they are talking shite. As are you.

Yes, typical Yes supporter.

It is Shulz who is reported to believe it would be seen as interfering. I don't recall anyone claiming he is a Yes supporter.

I don't believe the SNP position on this, nor do I believe the BT position. There is plenty of legal opinion (and that's all it is: opinion) in line with that view.

Complete baloney.

The Uk govt as the member state, is the only party in this debate who can request a full official judgement on this matter from the EU.

They have failed to do so.

Why?

Cos they are talking shite. As are you.

It's the Commission that has blocked this legal advice. The reasons given rather suggest they would still block it if it came in the form of a member-state request rather than from MEPs.

Archived