The Alloa Athletic Thread

Think I'll upgrade to the stand this season. A few nuggets up there going by some of the shouts I hear, need to sort them out 😃

Think it would be better if you just paid them a visit as you pop up in all areas of the ground during a match. Maybe start a conga to get a bit of atmosphere going.

Not unique but Jack looks to be bringing in players that he has good personal knowledge of. Married to retention of a solid core things are looking good.

When viewed in comparison to last seasons scatter gun approach think we have landed with a solid character who has a plan for the team.

Bring on the Fort!

Taggart will be a cracking signing, very athletic right-back with a belter of a cross on him. I'm disappointed we let him go, and even more disappointed that his replacement appears to be an older player who hasn't played at this level before.

You can have Mark Brown if you're wanting to get close to an entire former Dumbarton XI

Taggart is a smashing signing and will be the best right back in that league - very disappointed we let him go.

He's an attacking full back, with a decent delivery and good feet, also good defender.

Played at centre back and defensive mid for us a few times, but not very well; play him at right back and he'll be a huge asset at both ends of the pitch.

Taggart will be a cracking signing, very athletic right-back with a belter of a cross on him. I'm disappointed we let him go, and even more disappointed that his replacement appears to be an older player who hasn't played at this level before.

You can have Mark Brown if you're wanting to get close to an entire former Dumbarton XI

Sounds good. No thanks to Mark Brown though, he's pish.

With Jason re-signing and now Taggart coming in the defence is taking shape. Another strong CB required and I'd be happy enough giving McAusland another deal now too, decent cover for RB and CB.

Fingers crossed the Black deal has only been delayed.

Edited by Waspie

Sounds good. No thanks to Mark Brown though, he's pish.

With Jason re-signing and now Taggart coming in the defence is taking shape. Another strong CB required and I'd be happy enough giving McAusland another deal now too, decent cover for RB and CB.

Fingers crossed the Black deal has only been delayed.

Aye, but Taggart's good. You gave us Cawley and Sparky, one was good one was pretty poor. It's only fair we do the same.

Aye, but Taggart's good. You gave us Cawley and Sparky, one was good one was pretty poor. It's only fair we do the same.

There was nothing wrong with the goods at the point of sale. We can't be held responsible for misuse after that. And we've already signed a keeper anyway :)

It sounds like another decent signing by Jack Ross and the fact that it makes it much less likely that we'll be starting with Macausland as a first choice is a bonus.

Jack Ross seems to have taken a pretty sensible approach to building a new squad but I'm almost missing the excitement of last close season when we had no idea what to expect from the likes of Catalin Paun and Geoff Mitchell. Unfortunately we got the answer to that after the Berwick game - they were shit!

Edited by Dink

Scott taggart is a very good signing for alloa especially in league 1. Thought he'd have signed for another championship club. Did well in his time at cappielow until Kenny shiels tried to turn him into a defensive midfielder which didn't really work.

I think we could do with another out and out striker, going with Longworth, Layne and young Hynd would leave us well short over a season.

Isaac scored 4 in 8 for a struggling Brechin last year whilst on loan, Jamie Longworth is just under 1 goal in 2 games throughout his career and this is dragged down a bit from a below par season last season. Hynd might be getting hus first real chance next season.

I think Cawley and at least one other midfielder will score round about the 5 mark if not more and in set pieces the defenders could chip in with 1 or 2. I think that would be enough tbh.

Well done, on signing Scott Taggart. He'll be a good player for Alloa, he got a bad injury & was out for a while @ Sons, I felt Aitken never really let him get back into the side, instead we played Saunders (out of position) in Taggart's right-back position.

Our loss should be your gain on this one.

Isaac scored 4 in 8 for a struggling Brechin last year whilst on loan, Jamie Longworth is just under 1 goal in 2 games throughout his career and this is dragged down a bit from a below par season last season. Hynd might be getting hus first real chance next season.

I think Cawley and at least one other midfielder will score round about the 5 mark if not more and in set pieces the defenders could chip in with 1 or 2. I think that would be enough tbh.

We're definitely in the hunt for another striker-managers quotes at the Longworth signing confirm this. And we really do need another option up there.

Would also be likely I would think that we'll see another goalkeeper. I've watched Andrew Wilson on many occasions and seen him have good games. But I don't think it's ideal to be throwing in an untested kid, particularly if Parry loses form.

Gallagher doesn't appear to be an option, and it was unlikely to be the case anyway.

The manager was considering offering him a deal similar to Doyles- if a full time club come in then can depart immediately with the club's blessing. Appears to have dismissed that option now though going by quotes, saying that Gallacher wouldn't be returning.

Gallacher doesn't have a club yet, and suppose it may be something to revisit if the keepers still in the same situation say a month from now. But from the quotes I get the impression that the managers moved on from this and he's planning alternatively.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)