The Alloa Athletic Thread

13 hours ago, Waspie said:

It was a memorable day in a period of memorable Alloa matches. At that time the team always seemed to find a way to win, even when they weren't playing well. That day in particular Alloa were totally garbage and lucky to be only 1-0 down before those late goals.

I think your pic must the first goal, scored by David Gormley, because Prunty was out wide for his Van Baston style winner a minute or so later. In my memory the Stenny keeper actually caught the ball for the first goal and then spilled it into the path of Gormley. Some pics here I kept on FB, think they were from the Alloa official site at the time.

stenny1.jpgstenny2.jpgstenny3.jpgstenny4.jpg

I think that it might be @printer involved in the scenes there behind the post (and I'm right behind!)

I'm not sure but I think you might be correct. I couldn't see myself at first but I think that's me in the 2nd photo, the only one not watching the scenes probably looking at my phone at that pic standing just behind the lad with the grey hat behind the VIP Car add board.

edit: no that's not me, I'm out of shot.

Edited by CityDave

11 hours ago, Waspie said:

It was a memorable day in a period of memorable Alloa matches. At that time the team always seemed to find a way to win, even when they weren't playing well. That day in particular Alloa were totally garbage and lucky to be only 1-0 down before those late goals.

I think your pic must the first goal, scored by David Gormley, because Prunty was out wide for his Van Baston style winner a minute or so later. In my memory the Stenny keeper actually caught the ball for the first goal and then spilled it into the path of Gormley. Some pics here I kept on FB, think they were from the Alloa official site at the time.

stenny1.jpgstenny2.jpgstenny3.jpgstenny4.jpg

I think that it might be @printer involved in the scenes there behind the post (and I'm right behind!)

Magnificent!

Im not in the pic but Im sure I burst my lip in the mayhem that followed Pruntys goal :lol:

20 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Theres nothing on the OS to suggest this, it may be closed doors?

Bit late now but the games at  7.30 bounce game but I imagine you could get in. I was going to go through but couldn't make it in the end.

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Magnificent!

Im not in the pic but Im sure I burst my lip in the mayhem that followed Pruntys goal :lol:

2 hours ago, printer said:

Well spotted, Waspie. It is indeed myself. Absolute scenes when Prunty scored. I seem to have fallen over! :D

I'm right behind you and seem to have moved down a couple of sponsor boards.....maybe I knocked you over!  Not taking the blame for Father Barry's burst lip though :lol:.

That was a great time. In terms of games I was at that day, and the 3-0 and 2-1 wins over Stirling, rate highly. The way the season ended put a big dampener on it at the time, but with hindsight without that and the subsequent relegation there was no Hartley and the glory years. Price worth paying :).

A real positive from relegation (other than the glorious Jack Ross and his merry men sweeping all before them) has been the rebirth of the railway end for home fans.

Bounce game finished 1 0 Alloa tonight (unless there was a goal early on- missed first 10-15 mins)

Couple of trialists playing , and a mixture of reserves and first team squad players- McDowell, Scullion, Robertson, Hoggan, Wilson, Hynd, Hetherington.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

4 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

A real positive from relegation (other than the glorious Jack Ross and his merry men sweeping all before them) has been the rebirth of the railway end for home fans.

Bounce game finished 1 0 Alloa tonight (unless there was a goal early on- missed first 10-15 mins)

Couple of trialists playing , and a mixture of reserves and first team squad players- McDowell, Scullion, Robertson, Hoggan, Wilson, Hynd, Hetherington.

Dare I guess and say Scott Hynd got the Alloa goal he always scores against us in reserve games.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Dare I guess and say Scott Hynd got the Alloa goal he always scores against us in reserve games.

Not him for a wee change- looked like a trialist with a glancing header mate. Cowden unlucky to equalise in closing stages with a few chances.

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Not him for a wee change- looked like a trialist with a glancing header mate. Cowden unlucky to equalise in closing stages with a few chances.

Cheers just it seems like he always scores against us. He probably will in the DL games.