The Alloa Athletic Thread

Scott hynd any good folks? He is on loan to us now

Montrose? Boy has so much potential and technical ability. Puts in 100% every time he's on the park and scored for fun in development league (25 plus each season). Needs to toughen up a bit so consistent senior football is good.

Montrose? Boy has so much potential and technical ability. Puts in 100% every time he's on the park and scored for fun in development league (25 plus each season). Needs to toughen up a bit so consistent senior football is good.

Yeah montrose.Thats good to hear been crying out for another striker cheers

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In an important game too I think? League 1 play off spot decider or something wasn't it? Was from a few yards out in sure.

It was the last game of the season and Alloa played a weakened team as they had a play - off semi - final a couple of days later at Brechin. Think it might have made a difference to Arbroath if they'd won that day though.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In an important game too I think? League 1 play off spot decider or something wasn't it? Was from a few yards out in sure.

We were already in the playoffs and played a lot of fringe players as we had the first semi against Brechin that midweek. Arbroath needed a win to seal 4th and a spot in playoffs. Arbroath however looked fairly content to "take the Rangers money" on offer the following season.

I know I posted it on here way back, but that's a stunning start to the season. With every passing week I'm becoming more and more gutted we didn't appoint Jack Ross. He was adored by the players and it seems to be the same at the Wasps.

Kirkpatrick seems to be scoring every week! He must be on about 8 or 9 goals in as many games now.

Anyway, remember the game last December where we beat you 2-0 at the Recs? IIRC it was Danny Lennon's last match and Paddy Connolly took charge of the team for the 5-0 Cup game a few days later.

That was the last time we won away from home. We're 4 games from a full calendar year without a win away.

Just thought I'd thank you for losing that day as without it we'd already be beyond a year now i think.

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That was the last time we won away from home. We're 4 games from a full calendar year without a win away.

At least you've had something to cheer at home lately  :P

Hopefully Scotty gets some regular games at Montrose; it's long overdue, but you can understand why he's not playing for us when we're scoring so many. Hopefully a big scoring game on Christmas Eve when the Binos hit town  :D

I know I posted it on here way back, but that's a stunning start to the season. With every passing week I'm becoming more and more gutted we didn't appoint Jack Ross. He was adored by the players and it seems to be the same at the Wasps.

Kirkpatrick seems to be scoring every week! He must be on about 8 or 9 goals in as many games now.

Anyway, remember the game last December where we beat you 2-0 at the Recs? IIRC it was Danny Lennon's last match and Paddy Connolly took charge of the team for the 5-0 Cup game a few days later.

Just thought I'd thank you for losing that day as without it we'd already be beyond a year now i think.

Very true, you guys definetly missed a trick for me. From what i've heard it was more about jack ross than ian murray, i always admired the way dumbarton played over the last few seasons absolutely ripping us apart. For me this team is better than any team hartley assembled and that's saying something.

Sooooo Bala away.

Only reason I'm a bit gutted is I will have to miss the Scotland game. Other than that - Buzzing!

I would rather watch Alloa than watch Scotland play Lithuania for the hundredth time.