The Alloa Athletic Thread

would be surprised to see Dario back would have been announced by now must be other clubs that have approached Hearts for him

I’m not saying he’s staying but I think that logic isn’t quite right. I wasn’t expecting any news yet. If I’m right, I’m pretty sure his last game of the current loan spell is Morton - did Leodhas not say that?

I really can’t see Dario being called back to be loaned to another club. Would make no sense for Hearts. Contracts up and the end of the season and probably won’t be in Hearts long term plans. It’s just if they need the cover now. They did last year and recalled him from Raith but who knows now.

Anyway, Hearts signed a striker today [emoji848][emoji848]

All Hearts coach's had a meeting on Friday last week regarding the loan players . all reports are now with CL so just waiting on news hope it good news 
Hes a smashing boy hope he can stay 

No one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy, if you wear a wig to hide to the scars and learn to control the slobbering.

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

do you think he can make the step up  ?  out contract with us end the season

Certainly has a right good chance, with a bit to go which is only natural. Very calm and composed (much like McKenna was at Alloa), which is ideally what you want to see in your centre half. Unphased under pressure, has faced (and shone against) a good cross section of decent strikers this season. It cant be disputed that playing alongside the experienced Andy Graham has really helped him. Andy has mentored him superbly this season. He is also comfortable with the ball at his feet, but unlike some centre halfs you see doesnt think he's Franz Beckenbauer and plays with safety in mind. I rate him highly.

6 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I’m not saying he’s staying but I think that logic isn’t quite right. I wasn’t expecting any news yet. If I’m right, I’m pretty sure his last game of the current loan spell is Morton - did Leodhas not say that?

I really can’t see Dario being called back to be loaned to another club. Would make no sense for Hearts. Contracts up and the end of the season and probably won’t be in Hearts long term plans. It’s just if they need the cover now. They did last year and recalled him from Raith but who knows now.

Anyway, Hearts signed a striker today emoji848.pngemoji848.png

Correct I believe his loan expires at the weekend. He was recalled from Raith Rovers to go straight into Hearts mid season training camp- that hasnt occurred here.

I've heard 2 other Championship clubs are interested in him on loan (both are higher up the table), but if thats the case (and Im clearly basing this partly on self interest) I think he'd be better off staying put, where he's already established in terms of his role, valued highly and most importantly playing every week. There's no doubt he has developed and is progressing at the club, and from his perspective would be better to have that continue. Of course, with his Hearts contract up in summer he will be looking to the future. If his deal is not extended, then I dont think he'll have any problem whatsoever finding a full time club based on his output so far this season. He has plenty of qualities.

21 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Anyway, Hearts signed a striker today emoji848.pngemoji848.png

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into the fact that there is no news yet. I'm pretty sure last season that Hearts took him back from Raith in January last year for a few weeks then sent him back out till the end the season. We'll need to be patient.

Terrific news regarding Roscoe. He has settled in really well next to big Andy and it would have been a tough task to find someone else of a similar standard and then bed them in. With Sam staying and Jordan signed the manager has had a great start to the transfer window.

Edited by Waspie

31 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Certainly has a right good chance, with a bit to go which is only natural. Very calm and composed (much like McKenna was at Alloa), which is ideally what you want to see in your centre half. Unphased under pressure, has faced (and shone against) a good cross section of decent strikers this season. It cant be disputed that playing alongside the experienced Andy Graham has really helped him. Andy has mentored him superbly this season. He is also comfortable with the ball at his feet, but unlike some centre halfs you see doesnt think he's Franz Beckenbauer and plays with safety in mind. I rate him highly.

Correct I believe his loan expires at the weekend. He was recalled from Raith Rovers to go straight into Hearts mid season training camp- that hasnt occurred here.

I've heard 2 other Championship clubs are interested in him on loan (both are higher up the table), but if thats the case (and Im clearly basing this partly on self interest) I think he'd be better off staying put, where he's already established in terms of his role, valued highly and most importantly playing every week. There's no doubt he has developed and is progressing at the club, and from his perspective would be better to have that continue. Of course, with his Hearts contract up in summer he will be looking to the future. If his deal is not extended, then I dont think he'll have any problem whatsoever finding a full time club based on his output so far this season. He has plenty of qualities.

cheers for info will look out for his progress as the season goes on .    l

Good news about Sam....just need to hope Zannatta is staying too, with kirky it will take a couple of games ,his passing on Saturday was just what we need

Spencie did well when he came on. set up the second for trouten , We can play better than we did on Saturday so I am optimistic for the remaining games 

we can do this ….:wub:

Whiff of desperation about some of this talk about Zanatta from other clubs. I didn't hear of any interest in him this time last month when he was on 1 league goal for the season. A wee scoring burst and clubs are apparently falling over themselves to try and get him in? If he does come back out on loan to this league then a return to the club where he has been playing and enjoying himself, and where there is a good reputation for developing loan players, looks more favourable than going to some club who are making up signing policy on the hoof. 

Jim Goodwin will have a Plan B anyway, he has shown he knows what he is doing with the loan market. Suspect he will be after another forward whatever the situation is with Dario.  I believe Herve Ebanda and Javier Payo are available. 

Edited by Waspie