The Alloa Athletic Thread

quite angry with goodwin today, not for the own goal but persistant fouling and  booking before half time, the writing was on the wall

but jim didnt see it , jim as a player was fine but jim as a player / manager has been a disaster so far , two sending offs now but ironically better without him and down to ten men ?? makes you wonder, kudos for the way we played second half though, all in all JIM  !!!! get to the bench and stay there  !

I don't think Goodwin's playing days would be over if he didn't take the managers job. Now he has, every pass, foul etc. is under scrutiny. He's always liable to do what he did today and if he's manager he can't afford that. New centre mid needed in Jan & I'm sure he knows that.

1 minute ago, KierenAAFC said:

I don't think Goodwin's playing days would be over if he didn't take the managers job. Now he has, every pass, foul etc. is under scrutiny. He's always liable to do what he did today and if he's manager he can't afford that. New centre mid needed in Jan & I'm sure he knows that.

He doesn't seem to be able to change a game. Sticks to the same formation week in week out with his favs ( and himself ) and if it's not working then there is nothing he can do. It was looking good for us at the start of the season but if we don't get rid of Goodwin I think a middle of the table finish is what we are looking at

1 minute ago, KierenAAFC said:

I Get what you are saying, i just hope this makes him consider hanging up his boots ..again , that said handy as a sub, the more i think about our second half display 

it looked like the "fear" had dissapeared from the players

I didn't think he got much of a chance. I think we could do with someone like him up beside spence if Goodwin finally realised his playing days are over and stops picking himself for the good of the team

I agree but i think with 4 fit strikers now that will be the last thing he will be after, we should be though especially if were playing long ball.

& about centre half i would rather goodwin didnt play at centre half because he is better in the holding role, today i'd have put hoggy straight into centre half, dealt with everything today against arguably the best attacking side in the division.

He doesn't seem to be able to change a game. Sticks to the same formation week in week out with his favs ( and himself ) and if it's not working then there is nothing he can do. It was looking good for us at the start of the season but if we don't get rid of Goodwin I think a middle of the table finish is what we are looking at

I felt jack ross didnt have a plan b either, for me it feels like nothing has changed no fresh ideas etc, today it looked like hoof ball up to 1 striker, its looking like another season in league 1 unless something changes drastically, personally i think we should be beating the likes of east fife airdrie etc as the team that started the season would have ripped both teams a new one.

Stupid red card at Stenny, lucky with an attempted off the ball elbow against Albion Rovers, subbed before getting a red against Stenny and now a red against Airdrie. Hopefully proved wrong but Jim looks like he doesn't know how to cope with the responsibility of being manager and playing.

After the incredible start, the lack of depth in the squad and ability to change tactics seems to have caught up on us. Really need to add 2 or 3 more players in January. Go'on Mike, open the wallet and pinch Liam Buchanan!!

15 hours ago, Scottishlad01 said:

We came from behind twice in midweek at East Fife. It wasn't working and we changed it and got back into the game. You really want rid of Goodwin? Unbelievable.

There's going to be a spell where he is learning the ropes as a manager-that's life. 

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Stupid red card at Stenny, lucky with an attempted off the ball elbow against Albion Rovers, subbed before getting a red against Stenny and now a red against Airdrie. Hopefully proved wrong but Jim looks like he doesn't know how to cope with the responsibility of being manager and playing.

After the incredible start, the lack of depth in the squad and ability to change tactics seems to have caught up on us. Really need to add 2 or 3 more players in January. Go'on Mike, open the wallet and pinch Liam Buchanan!!

Feels like panic. I agree that the balance towards high balls feels wrong but for me it's more about hard work to redress that rather than calling for a change that can't possibly be justified.

15 hours ago, whereismillar said:

I Get what you are saying, i just hope this makes him consider hanging up his boots ..again , that said handy as a sub, the more i think about our second half display 

it looked like the "fear" had dissapeared from the players

What are we insinuating here?

He should have subbed himself off at half time absolutely.Heard quite a lot of crazy stuff coming out of the ground last night so no surprise really it's creeping onto the web.

9 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

I felt jack ross didnt have a plan b either, for me it feels like nothing has changed no fresh ideas etc, today it looked like hoof ball up to 1 striker

The famous "plan b", one of the biggest footballing misconceptions.

We have a good team. But sometimes our opponents play well and stop us from playing. It happens.

2 hours ago, Tamhain said:

Stupid red card at Stenny, lucky with an attempted off the ball elbow against Albion Rovers, subbed before getting a red against Stenny and now a red against Airdrie. 

To be fair, it was his call to sub himself against Stenny. Which is what he should have done at half time yesterday.

Also, nice to see bigger away supports this season, but a shame that some people are far more interested in spending the entire 90 mins yelling obscenities at the referee and linesmen.

It might have been better for Jim to have brought in his own assistant rather than just go with the same old with Paddy. Might make a bit of difference if there is a strong character there that can make the call to sub the boss or change things from the sidelines when required, instead of waiting until it's too late. If he is insisting on playing himself, we need an assistant that can be trusted enough to also make decisions. 

To be fair, it was his call to sub himself against Stenny. Which is what he should have done at half time yesterday.

Also, nice to see bigger away supports this season, but a shame that some people are far more interested in spending the entire 90 mins yelling obscenities at the referee and linesmen.

This! The stick the ref & Lino got yesterday was crazy. I know everyone hates Iain Russell too but he got more out of some of our fans than our own players. Was angry and disappointed to hear a certain few have a go at Taggs, thought he was one of our better players. Demonstrated that and shut them up with the volley.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

This! The stick the ref & Lino got yesterday was crazy. I know everyone hates Iain Russell too but he got more out of some of our fans than our own players. Was angry and disappointed to hear a certain few have a go at Taggs, thought he was one of our better players. Demonstrated that and shut them up with the volley.

Taggart comfortably our best player yesterday