Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

not at all,I just couldn't believe that some caley fans were saying shinnie coming here was a sideways move when in all respects it's a massive step up.

His wages certainly yes. Otherwise not really, and definitely not massive.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think years (decades!) of mediocre league positions and awful players would give Dons fans a reality check...

Even when reserve players at Reading/Bradford/Tranmere etc etc leave their clubs and excel at the Dons the fans don't understand that these teams are a bigger deal.

If you look at Leeds United,they have been crap for years but they are still a far bigger club than Wigan.

Wigan never have been or never will be a big club.

Also until this season Motherwell had a good side but they will never be as big a club as say dundee.

Loving the massive club chat.

Good luck to Mckay, hope he does well for Wigan. A truly fantastic player for us.

Looking forward to seeing which League Two reserve squad player we sign as a replacement

Shinnie for £40k plus Clark Robertson (left back) transfer plus Lawrence Shankland (striker) on loan - would be a starter for ten in the negotiations I would say

Tempting... Can we make it 40k + Lawrence Shankland on loan... and you keep Clark Robertson?

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Hughes-targets-loan-deals-to-replace-Mckay-29012015.htm

"Hughes has previously admitted a fleeting interest in bringing back Peterhead striker Rory McAllister to the club. He left Inverness in 2009, but his manager Jim McInally would not stand in his way should the opportunity arise to return to full-time football.

"If he would be interested I would be keen to help him do it," he said. "Rory did what he had to do — he got his trade as a plumber as something he could fall back on after football.

"I tried to push him to Rangers when they were in our league. I told Ally McCoist he would score a barrel-load of goals. He’s got the quality to play in the Premiership. I don’t think there’s any question he would make himself available for full-time football."

He added that McAllister had just had a baby and got a new job, so McInally was not sure how interested his player would be."

Hearing terrifying rumours we are looking at Rory McAllister.

No we aren't. Idle Twitter chat.

The last time we were linked to him, by that awful Fly On The Wall Twitter account, McAllister responded sarcastically saying "Sure I am(!)" (interested in signing for ICT).

Archived