Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Hughes-targets-loan-deals-to-replace-Mckay-29012015.htm

"Hughes has previously admitted a fleeting interest in bringing back Peterhead striker Rory McAllister to the club. He left Inverness in 2009, but his manager Jim McInally would not stand in his way should the opportunity arise to return to full-time football.

"If he would be interested I would be keen to help him do it," he said. "Rory did what he had to do — he got his trade as a plumber as something he could fall back on after football.

"I tried to push him to Rangers when they were in our league. I told Ally McCoist he would score a barrel-load of goals. He’s got the quality to play in the Premiership. I don’t think there’s any question he would make himself available for full-time football."

He added that McAllister had just had a baby and got a new job, so McInally was not sure how interested his player would be."

Strange management from McInally. Actively flaunting his star player to a rival team in the same league...

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll need to come up with a better off than the ones you have submitted so far.

We need a striker. We needed one even before Mckay was away. Hopefully something will happen soon.

I'm pulling your leg. I would say the bid for McLean shows we have given up the ghost on Shinnie today

Meekings is reported to be frustrated at the lack of progress on a new deal for him. Very strange to have players like Raven and Meekings not be tied up on new contracts yet. Meekings was wanting a new deal as long ago as October last year yet we have made no progress. Some rumours circulating that we offered him a three year deal which he wouldn't accept.

Heads scratched all round.

EDIT: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/ICT-future-is-out-of-my-hands-Meekings-01022015.htm

I think he's happy to stay for a further year, possibly two, but after that he'll be away. He has improved so much in the last season or two and is one of the best CBs in the league for me. As he says he wants to go back to England at some point so perhaps that will be his next move after us. Hopefully we get him for at least another year before that happens.

Josh Meekings apparently signing a 1 year deal as a compromise to the 2 year deal offered by ICT. He's always made it clear that he wants to move back to England at somepoint, so if that is next summer then so be it...

With his age, I'm hoping we would be due some compensation from whichever club he would join when his contract runs out?

Anything further on a compromise having been made with Meekings? A Kenny MacLean style release clause of an 'affordable' sum?

Or just mange to shift numbers around to get him an attractive enough contract?

Well done on getting him signed up again though, good defender at this level and still young.

Looks like Aaron Doran has been arrested while out in town the night before a game. Our squad lacks a nutter, so I fully support this turn of events.

Hughes said pre-match yesterday that he had tweaked a hamstring in training so didn't travel to Paisley.

Archived