St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stephen Thompson was on Sportsound today ripping into the SFA over lack of concession tickets. The panel all agreed the SFA were being stupid as per!

I don't understand why the clubs are allowed to decide the prices in the earlier rounds, but then have no real say after the quarters. I understand it's the showcase event but there's plenty of demand which seems to be getting squashed a bit by the prices.

Stephen Thompson was on Sportsound today ripping into the SFA over lack of concession tickets. The panel all agreed the SFA were being stupid as per!

Although Thompson/United chose to let ST holders purchase as many tickets as they wanted for concession areas meaning many young and old ST holders will have to pay £35. United far from blameless. As usual their approach to distributing tickets for a big game is questionable.

Although Thompson/United chose to let ST holders purchase as many tickets as they wanted for concession areas meaning many young and old ST holders will have to pay £35. United far from blameless. As usual their approach to distributing tickets for a big game is questionable.

Aye, but Thompson's point is that (a) you shouldn't have to restrict ticket sales because groups of people and families all want to sit together at the final - if you do, then you'll sell fewer; (b) there should be enough seats to go around. So why not sell as many as you can?

Perhaps he could have held some back for general sale, but the blame really rests with the SFA for their daft no concessions policy for the North/Main stand - there's just no reason for it.

Surely Utd will get as many concession tickets as they want in the upper north now? Would be utterly bizarre if they made them £35 as well.

If they do offer concessions, they'll have to do it quickly. And it might already lead to more complaints. My dad - an OAP - has already paid £35 for a North Stand seat. I imagine he might not be chuffed* if others in the same stand get a significant reduction for buying their ticket later.

* unless upper north is a significantly worse view?

My only other idea would be for the clubs to take the hit and maybe offer a discount voucher on a home game for students/OAPs/kids paying full price in the North stand.

Potential solution for United would be to offer ST holders yet to purchase a ticket a discount of £7 as a gesture of goodwill (and United make up the shortfall to the SFA).

What are we talking here? Maximum of 500 ST holders yet to purchase - would cost United a max of £3,500.

Just to clarify, if a ST holder goes to buy 15 tickets, produce ST and get 14 tickets at full price and a personal discount as ST holder.

I'm really struggling to see how any blame can be pointed at the club. What would you suggest they should've done differently?

I'm really struggling to see how any blame can be pointed at the club. What would you suggest they should've done differently?

They could have restricted the sale to four per season ticket, or whatever. Boy who runs our bus bought 85, most of which were for non season ticket holders. Can understand why some people are pissed off.

But they were damned if they do and damned if they don't ultimately. There are always some mightily pissed off people with these occasions. The SFA could have drew in some much needed good publicity by making as many concession tickets available as possible for a match that will never sell out.

It really is baffling as to why the authorities didn't have a general concession price. I really don't mind having to pay £35 for my ticket and I have done so knowing that I will be sitting with people who are happy to do the same, but there should have been a general say £20 for children under 16 and OAPs. Having every single ticket at £35 for certain parts of the ground is pretty ridiculous although I am sure there would have been rumours of people buying kids tickets on behalf of adults who would have actually gone in their place.

Edited by stumigoo

Limited ST holders to say five per voucher. I know guys who've barely been to Tannadice all season and got a concession, yet also know ST holders who've missed out as they couldn't get a ticket on Monday. Season ticket priority period should mean exactly that. Just to clarify, I don't currently hold an ST. I've been to most home games and plenty away, but work commitments mean an ST holds no value for me. The guys who pay week in, week out should always get first dibs.

Edit: what Gibby said.

Edited by Desert Nomad