St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They could have restricted the sale to four per season ticket, or whatever. Boy who runs our bus bought 85, most of which were for non season ticket holders. Can understand why some people are pissed off.

But they were damned if they do and damned if they don't ultimately. There are always some mightily pissed off people with these occasions. The SFA could have drew in some much needed good publicity by making as many concession tickets available as possible for a match that will never sell out.

Yeh I agree that would have been more sensible. However the vast majority of the blame must lie at the door of the SFA.

Edited by chazas_

They could have restricted the sale to four per season ticket, or whatever. Boy who runs our bus bought 85, most of which were for non season ticket holders. Can understand why some people are pissed off.

But they were damned if they do and damned if they don't ultimately. There are always some mightily pissed off people with these occasions. The SFA could have drew in some much needed good publicity by making as many concession tickets available as possible for a match that will never sell out.

And what if the ST holder was wanting to take 4 mates? It still doesn't prevent the fact that many people who don't normally go, but fancy taking their kids to a cup final would need to splash out £35 per kid.

And what if the ST holder was wanting to take 4 mates? It still doesn't prevent the fact that many people who don't normally go, but fancy taking their kids to a cup final would need to splash out £35 per kid.

Four mates is considerably less than ten, twenty or eighty(!) though.

The excuse the SFA have used is that previous cup finals, Hearts v Hibs and Hibs v Celtic have been priced in exactly the same manner. They are missing a trick though, and as we've all learned over the years, nobody tells the SFA what to do.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Did the Ian Redford thing get off the ground by the way? Saw it mentioned on Twitter. Hope not to be honest, some people feel the need to attach themselves to grief at all costs. Redford's family have done their grieving. I could see the point if he'd just died, but it was months ago now.

Aye, I'm not disagreeing with you. Difficult situation for the club.

People were queueing at Tanny at 6am, pretty dumb when there will be thousands of unsold tickets on the day. Two small provincial clubs will be lucky to fill two thirds of park head.

2nrhvt4.jpg

Dundee half of the North stand from their first final in 40 years in the cheats v cheats final of 2003, the self proclaimed sleeping giant managed to take a whopping 18/19k to a once in a lifetime game

£35, those two teams aren't worth £35. Going with a 2-0 Saints win, do they get to keep United this time ?

Remind us all of the funs recent record against Saints, and just how many years/visits is it since you beat them in Perth now?

Oh and 74-45 :)

Edited by ShedruleFTD83

Surely Utd will get as many concession tickets as they want in the upper north now? Would be utterly bizarre if they made them £35 as well.

Given it's the SFA then it's likely it will be £35 for all

Hearing we have sold out our half of the North Lower and are now selling Main stand, another idiotic decision from the SFA, making us sell Main stand tickets before North Upper

2nrhvt4.jpg

Dundee half of the North stand from their first final in 40 years in the cheats v cheats final of 2003, the self proclaimed sleeping giant managed to take a whopping 18/19k to a once in a lifetime game

Empty seats in the North Stand.

I wonder if this is because everyone wanted the cheaper concession seats behind the goals?

It wouldn't surprise me to see this replicated as St Johnstone have been selling predominantly the stand behind the goal too.

Edit: I can't believe the SFA actually gave Dundee that many seats. We got diddled against the *** for tickets in 94.

Edited by ArabFC

Given it's the SFA then it's likely it will be £35 for all

Hearing we have sold out our half of the North Lower and are now selling Main stand, another idiotic decision from the SFA, making us sell Main stand tickets before North Upper

Jesus Fcuking Fcuk, seriously? What is the fcking reasoning this time? Who wants this?

Jesus Fcuking Fcuk, seriously? What is the fcking reasoning this time? Who wants this?

Me :unsure2:

Surely if we can't fill the stadium we should concentrate first on selling out the seats in the lower tier to ensure the park is surrounded by fans?!

Edited by ArabFC

Me :unsure2:

Surely if we can't fill the stadium we should concentrate first on selling out the seats in the lower tier to ensure the park is surrounded by fans?!

Fcuk the decrepit main stand, get the bowly bit sold first!

South Enclosure seriously struggling on this thread.

Anyway, as mentioned in the Saint Johnstone v Aberdeen Semi Final thread, I've put in an application for a couple of tickets in the Saints end. We'll see what happens.

Incredible ticket sales from both sides. Armageddon my arse.

Brilliant. Big queues...panic buying = 50 people at the club shop!

I think we can safely use a P&B favourite to sum up the whole Dundee situation at the moment...scrambling for relevance. Obviously the Courier didn't want them to feel left out. :lol:

Oops, of course...thanks Kyle!

Edited by 7-2

Brilliant. Big queues...panic buying = 50 people at the club shop!

I think we can safely use a P&B favourite to sum up the whole Dundee situation at the moment...struggling for relevance. Obviously the Courier didn't want them to feel left out. :lol:

They must have thought it was the 5minute warning! :lol: