Business / corporate speak nonsense

Not corporate but found on someone’s Twitter:

“I’m a female vocalist and currently taking lessons to re-tune after a 12 year break.â€

True translation : “I’m a shit singer and I refuse to accept that I’m fucking awful.â€

Get tae…

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (nee Cole)?

Was in a meeting earlier this week and one of the guys was discussing a new project within the organisation which could impact what myself and one other guy do, and he mentioned a report he was compiling on the subject.

Guy I work with said "It would be good to get visibility of this once complete."

Why not just say "Need a swatch of that when you're done with it"?

Came across my first ever bit of corporate speak from a manager at the start of last night's shift, when the manager came out with "escalate it to us".

How hard is it to just say "tell us"?

Because 'escalate' has a meaning beyond 'tell us', namely a passing of responsibility, for example for decision making; and/or raising priority.

Came across my first ever bit of corporate speak from a manager at the start of last night's shift, when the manager came out with "escalate it to us".

How hard is it to just say "tell us"?

'Cascading ' is a favourite in our place.

Passing on a message ffs.

Not nonsense-speak as such, but on Linkedin - the doyen of the corporate bullshitter, i've just seen the following "begging for a job" from Gary Holt, who appears to be a staunch opponent of any form of punctuation.

Any jobs going for an ex experienced pro footballer at the highest level and have managed in Championship in Scotland and Coached in Championship and Premier league in England feel free to contact me open to all offers anywhere as willing to travel

WTF? Can't imagine the English FA are scouring Linkedin for Roy Hodgson's successor. 

Here's his Linkedin profile if anyone gets pissed off at their club's summer signings and fancy offering him a job: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-holt-52b0bb22?authType=name&authToken=1uDD&trk=hp-feed-member-name

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Anonymous stress survey at work highlighted that a couple of members of staff felt under pressure and not supported by management and felt they were not rewarded for their efforts.

Response "We need to triangulate on these individuals in order to identify who they have a work-placed issue with"

Firstly- "Triiangulate" Wtf

Secondly- it was an anonymous survey for a reason. So that the staff could be honest & not feel forced into replying dishonestly.

Thirdly- it's an office of 7 people, look for the stressed and unhappy people, no need to triangulate. It's the 2 girls who have just had loads more responsibility pushed on them at the same wage as before!

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Starting any sentence with the words "moving forward..."

I've admittedly used this in a progress meeting before. In fairness the groundworks foreman wanted to knock f**k out of the steel erectors foreman so its seemed the best idea to move the meeting on!

On 01/07/2016 at 12:16, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not nonsense-speak as such, but on Linkedin - the doyen of the corporate bullshitter, i've just seen the following "begging for a job" from Gary Holt, who appears to be a staunch opponent of any form of punctuation.

Any jobs going for an ex experienced pro footballer

WTF? Can't imagine the English FA are scouring Linkedin for Roy Hodgson's successor. 

Here's his Linkedin profile if anyone gets pissed off at their club's summer signings and fancy offering him a job: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-holt-52b0bb22?authType=name&authToken=1uDD&trk=hp-feed-member-name

If only he was still experienced his chances might be improved.

Not so much corporate speak, but the other day our boss was trying to balance a part of the departmental budget. Started off just with him, but every passing boss started sticking in their tuppenceworth until there were about seven or eight crowded round his desk in a "look how much I care" type scrum. I'd been called away, but when I got back about half an hour later they were all still there.

The lassie that sits next to him came over to my desk with a post-it and handed it to me - I assumed it was a phone call to return and didn't read it until I sat down. When I did, on it was one word:

c***s