It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

Slow intentional process. Dennis was never 'a player', he's always been a Sociopath. I read an interview that said they try and make him even more frightening every season. It certainly works.  
Sadly, if folk don't know this it probably looks like 'trying too hard' but knowing it's intentional makes it pretty impressive viewing IMO as they have nailed it.

The slow burn reveal of his madness over the seasons is one of the highlights of the show. Makes rewatches interesting to see the signs

43 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
On 08/02/2020 at 20:46, 19QOS19 said:
Slow intentional process. Dennis was never 'a player', he's always been a Sociopath. I read an interview that said they try and make him even more frightening every season. It certainly works.  
Sadly, if folk don't know this it probably looks like 'trying too hard' but knowing it's intentional makes it pretty impressive viewing IMO as they have nailed it.

The slow burn reveal of his madness over the seasons is one of the highlights of the show. Makes rewatches interesting to see the signs

YOU HAVEN’T THOUGHT OF THE SMELL YOU BITCH!

I think 'The Gang Goes on Family Fight' from Season 10 is a bit underrated. 

I especially enjoy Dennis's slow walk followed by the deadpan, 'No... no. No, my shoes are fine, I assure you. They're made of the finest Italian leather; the fit is perfect, therefore there would be no room for lead.' 

35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I think 'The Gang Goes on Family Fight' from Season 10 is a bit underrated. 

I especially enjoy Dennis's slow walk followed by the deadpan, 'No... no. No, my shoes are fine, I assure you. They're made of the finest Italian leather; the fit is perfect, therefore there would be no room for lead.' 

Agreed on the quality of that episode, although I always find "Bottle" episodes in new locations a little unsettling. 

I think what has always sold the Dennis is a maniac arc of the show is the way he falls apart when he interacts with people outside the group, especially when trying to impress folk or when his ego is threatened. The reunion episode being another example obviously 

Agreed on the quality of that episode, although I always find "Bottle" episodes in new locations a little unsettling. 
I think what has always sold the Dennis is a maniac arc of the show is the way he falls apart when he interacts with people outside the group, especially when trying to impress folk or when his ego is threatened. The reunion episode being another example obviously 
People are disposable to Dennis. They are all horrible to outsiders though which is always pretty comical. The way they have ruined other people's lives cracks me up.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
43 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

People are disposable to Dennis. They are all horrible to outsiders though which is always pretty comical. The way they have ruined other people's lives cracks me up.

I mean more in the way he will slowly melt down from a calm and cool, everyone is embarrassing me sort of vibe to a screaming mess/writhing on the floor by the end of the episode. 

What's the first episode that implies the serial killer thing? Is it when they're following the waitress dressed as clowns? 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Agreed - big fan of Dennis's gradual descent in that episode from ordering Mac not to behave 'like an animal' and imploring the others in the green room not to embarrass themselves - and him - on a nationally-televised program, to him eventually lying out on the studio floor in the fetal position by the end, squirming and crying. 

I mean more in the way he will slowly melt down from a calm and cool, everyone is embarrassing me sort of vibe to a screaming mess/writhing on the floor by the end of the episode. 
What's the first episode that implies the serial killer thing? Is it when they're following the waitress dressed as clowns? 
How did you not know......that the reason I invited you back to my bar......was to bang you? Get out of here! Shoo away from me!

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Is that before or after the boat episode? I've heard Glenn Howerton say the "implication" scene in that was when they realised Dennis was a monster.

A quick google says The Gang Buys a boat is 6.03, and the episode I'm thinking of is "Mac is a Serial Killer", 3.10. Tbh I feel like there was probably a tipping point where it went from Dennis is ambiguously a creep/deviant  to  Dennis is a monster but it could really be any of those moments in the first 5 or 6 seasons 

Is that before or after the boat episode? I've heard Glenn Howerton say the "implication" scene in that was when they realised Dennis was a monster.
Aye the boat one is a few seasons after. That scene is hilariously disturbing. Funnily enough the scene where he tries to get girls into the bunker is neither of those seasons. So it goes to show he has these psychotic moments every year [emoji38]

Even the scene where he bangs the woman on the plane and they both laugh to which Dennis shouts her down with a "not you!" is frighteningly funny.

On 17/02/2020 at 17:50, 19QOS19 said:

How did you not know......that the reason I invited you back to my bar......was to bang you? Get out of here! Shoo away from me!

Just finished re-watching that episode now, probably about my twentieth viewing. Likely one of the episodes I would show someone trying to get into Sunny for the first time. 

Image result for mac sunny bunker

• 2 weeks later...

Have been powering my way through this on Netflix. Don't know why I've never watched it before. Just watched "The gang try desperately to win an award" from season 9. That song from Charlie at the end [emoji1787]

Have been powering my way through this on Netflix. Don't know why I've never watched it before. Just watched "The gang try desperately to win an award" from season 9. That song from Charlie at the end [emoji1787]
That episode is absolutely outstanding. It's a play on the fact the show is usually snubbed in the awards and they do it so well comparing it to a the bar.

Dominique, you banged me. Like, right away. I hardly had to do anything. Tabitha, you did the same. But most importantly, you banged each other. And you let me watch. Awesome. 

Edited by DrewDon

• 3 weeks later...
My foolproof plan for when I get the Coronavirus: 

Pfft, no chance I'm getting sick. The minute it broke out I knew what to do. The only downside being I've been permanently pished for weeks now and there's no paracetamol to get rid of the headache.

98227f987e8f32645620c6edf775faaa.jpeg