The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some folk will post any old pish to try and get their 7000th post

No way - didn't even notice. What a waste!

edit: my actual 7,000th post was a sarcastic comment about Ayr Utd's trophy room (it's full of someone's trophies) so feel even worse now.

Thoughts on David Sinclair....

It seems to be the done thing to slag off ex players but I would say you wouldn't find any Airdrie fan who would want Sinclair back. Really poor and worse than a man down at times.

Thoughts on David Sinclair....

We were told by the Ayr fans when we got him that he'd be an abysmal signing. I didn't believe them at the time and to be fair they were ultimately proved wrong. He was much, much, much worse than that.

Absolutely awful player.

[ quote name=airdrieman" post="8569258" timestamp="1404401673]Article in the Daily Record saying that Bollan wants to bring in another keeper and centre - half.

Seems a waste wasting money on another keeper when we could just use our youth as back up.

Surely a central midfielder would be next on Bollan's priorities after a centre half...

Well with Blockley, Watt, Fitzpatrick, Hammil, plus youth in CM do we not have enough in that position?

Even assuming Fitzpatrick plays CM, that 4 doesn't exactly full me with confidence at the moment. Granted I haven't seen a couple of them but from what we've heard about them they're hardly going to set the heather alight

Blockley looked back to his best at the end of the season against Stenny and Watt was one of our best and most consistent performers in the second half of last season. What does remain to be seen, in my view, is if they can play in the middle together.

I agree with Bollan in the sense we definitely need another CB, another half decent GK would be useful but another MF should also be a priority. Whether that's someone for the wide areas or the middle remains to be seen.

I'm not overly confident about this season, I have complete faith in Bollan and I'm sure he'll get the best out of these guys but will that be enough to meet our aims?

Certainly feel we need another centre - half while another keeper would also be good as I've not got much confidence in McNeil and the U19s keeper (Ferguson) is untested at this level.

Currently, our midfield will consist of something along the lines of:

Gray Blockley/Fitzpatrick Hammill Watt

Don't remember seeing Fitzpatrick or Hammill play so unfair to pass comment but I don't Believe either of them will be as good as Barr although a like for like replacement for Barr would be extremely difficult to find.

Another midfielder would be good to have, if possible, but centre - half is definitely our priority.

Archived