The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help but feel like letting Paul McGinn go last season will be a decision we live to regret.

I completely understand letting Gowser go but he could turn out to be a great signing for Dundee.

Can't help but feel like letting Paul McGinn go last season will be a decision we live to regret.

I completely understand letting Gowser go but he could turn out to be a great signing for Dundee.

McGinn chose to go as he wanted to be playing regularly, which was looking unlikely at the time.

Rumours suggesting Tesselaar and possibly Carey are coming back. Tesselaar was good for us at leftback but we have Kelly now and he was hopeless as a centre half at Killie. For the left we now have Wylde and again Yaqub can cover there.

I know we need cover and competition but not convinced either of these guys is the answer.

McGinn chose to go as he wanted to be playing regularly, which was looking unlikely at the time.

Rumours suggesting Tesselaar and possibly Carey are coming back. Tesselaar was good for us at leftback but we have Kelly now and he was hopeless as a centre half at Killie. For the left we now have Wylde and again Yaqub can cover there.

I know we need cover and competition but not convinced either of these guys is the answer.

I think we could have been cleverer and offered him some first team football. Certainly shouldn't have started the season like we did with a past it Vanzy s first choice.

Aye, wouldn't be overly delighted with those two back tbh. At push I'd probably take Tess at least he gives you the option of a left footer and provides some cover for full back.

Shocked with McGowan going to Dundee goes to show how much his stock has actually fallen in the past year. He'll come back to haunt us that's a guarantee we shouldve at least tabled a contract for him. Maybe that's a discussion once tc has made his signings

Shocked with McGowan going to Dundee goes to show how much his stock has actually fallen in the past year. He'll come back to haunt us that's a guarantee we shouldve at least tabled a contract for him. Maybe that's a discussion once tc has made his signings

Dundee > St Mirren

Trying is greater than too hard? I don't get that.

Makes more sense than Dundee being greater than St Mirren TBF.

Makes more sense than Dundee being greater than St Mirren TBF.

Given that our average attendance was bigger in the Championship than yours was in the Prem, I think it's safe to say that Dundee > St Mirren. Thank you.

Given that our average attendance was bigger in the Championship than yours was in the Prem, I think it's safe to say that Dundee > St Mirren. Thank you.

Ah jeez, attendance chat. The ever comfortable sleep inducing refuge of the city club diddy. Of course you have more fans than us. You come from a city 90 minutes from the old firm, we come from a town 15 minutes from them. It's hardly an achievement to be proud of.

Being better than you for the vast majority of the last 40 years despite having a smaller fanbase, that's an achievement to be proud of. How do you think we do it?

Ah jeez, attendance chat. The ever comfortable sleep inducing refuge of the city club diddy. Of course you have more fans than us. You come from a city 90 minutes from the old firm, we come from a town 15 minutes from them. It's hardly an achievement to be proud of.

Being better than you for the vast majority of the last 40 years despite having a smaller fanbase, that's an achievement to be proud of. How do you think we do it?

Yes that's great, but we're not talking about who's been more succesful I the last 40 years though.

Yes that's great, but we're not talking about who's been more succesful I the last 40 years though.

Ah ok. Well if a teams greatness is measured purely in terms of fanbase, you've got me. You're greater than us.

They should stop the World Cup now and award it to China, they have the most fans after all.

Not surprising in a conversation about Deesaster FC tbh.

More Admins than Cup wins. :lol:

Ah ok. Well if a teams greatness is measured purely in terms of fanbase, you've got me. You're greater than us.

They should stop the World Cup now and award it to China, they have the most fans after all.

K m8.

Archived