The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Posters like Lex and Borg have been in about Dundee threads for a while. More so Lex, even when we were the league below. I do feel quite sorry for the genuine St Mirren posters, but it's just purely a case of what goes around.

Could you not just establish respective home addresses and post excrement to each other?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're going to go on a rant at least get your facts right. At present Love Street is a hole in the ground and I'm not sure if that's changing. Eeesh.

Was actually one of the more informed parts of his post, even though he got it completely wrong.

Excellently constructed argument Deefiant, conclusively proving that Dundee > St Mirren on every single metric. The fact that their players are hammering up the M90 to sign on at Dens for half wages confirms this. What the f**k is the pish smelling one up to? At this rate Hamilton will canter to the play off spot whilst you minks go straight down, there's no fun for us in that.

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but you do know McGowan wasn't our player? We'd released him weeks prior, he was a free agent. If you want to score points on how much bigger Dundee are than us, perhaps you'd do better than to brag about your signing of our cast offs.

Did Dundee and Saints fans hate each other on here this much two seasons ago? Y u all mad?

It's jealousy mainly i think. They look at us and see an established top flight club who win titles and who are stable off the park. We are everything they aren't, and everything they want to be. Yet they have so many more fans!!

Jesus Christ attendance chat is dull Deefiant.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly Smeato I'm afraid I can't shy away from the facts here.

One of your posters asserted that as a City we are so much more massive and will therefore automatically have a larger crowd. I'm pretty sure I just blew that out the water by demonstrating the similarities in the catchment of each club. Whilst it was probably a Dundee fan who started the crowd debate (after all why would someone supporting a club in your position bring it up?) I only stepped in to correct a misrepresentation in facts presented by one of the St Murn boys.

Unfortunately, as tedious as the facts are, the traditional measure of a clubs size and status are past honours, attendance and history. Even more unfortunately for St. Mirren fans Dundee blow St. Mirren out the water in pretty much all of these categories.

As for the assertion of OF fans not being a problem - of course it's likely not as large a problem as in Paisley, but there is, for example one particular (large) area of Dundee where to a man they are Sellick fans. Further to this Utd have been the more successful team in the past 30 years or so - so naturally I could attribute a larger share of the population to them. The sickening thing is that come Saturday, you probably see more buses leaving Dundee for Greyskull and Parkhead than you would for a Utd away game.

I'm a big enough man to admit that St. Mirren have had a better past decade or so, ably assisted by horrendous mismanagement at my own club, but unfortunately for you it looks like Dundee are on the way up again, to our natural place above you in the pecking order. It is a hard one for you to take understandably, for a team that battles relegation every season having a team come up who are potentially stronger must be a concern.

If you're going to go on a rant at least get your facts right. At present Love Street is a hole in the ground and I'm not sure if that's changing. Eeesh.

Point taken - naturally I don't closely follow the goings on at lesser clubs in minute detail - I did however read online that ASDA bought the site.

I stand corrected. A hole in the ground is much preferable to an ASDA of course. The fact you see the destruction of your clubs spiritual home as something to deflect from an otherwise factually correct post shows that I have pushed all the right buttons.

Oh and FYI Lex I believe the term title is usually reserved for league wins not cups - also the pluralisation wasn't required I'm sure. I doubt many Aberdeen or St. J fans are raving about their title wins this year.

Excellently constructed argument Deefiant, conclusively proving that Dundee > St Mirren on every single metric. The fact that their players are hammering up the M90 to sign on at Dens for half wages confirms this. What the f**k is the pish smelling one up to? At this rate Hamilton will canter to the play off spot whilst you minks go straight down, there's no fun for us in that.

Okay, let's say you're Paul McGowan, would you rather be playing for Dundee or St Mirren?

Okay, let's say you're Paul McGowan, would you rather be playing for Dundee or St Mirren?

Dundee - obviously - I've been a Dundee fan for over 30 years and St Mirren are 10 places below Dundee in all time statistics.

Love Street still a hole - so they haven't started demolition yet?

Oh and I see the man who has to pretend he has a partner and kids has turned up - shouldn't you be at the park with them on a Sunday morning? :lol:

So the Dundee fans who were crying like children that other people were commenting on their thread are now commenting on other teams threads? Seems somewhat contradictory doesn't it?

btw, this "all time stats" bullshit that Deefiant and Fifespud keep mentioning, it's not this is it? If so, that's pretty embarrassing. It also ruins any argument. The website has been roundly discredited as it rates games in the lower leagues the same as those in the higher leagues essentially meaning if you constantly get relegated then promoted between the 2nd and 3rd divisions you'll be rated higher than a club which has remained it the top division - clearly a flawed concept of which is "better". It also rates Morten as 9th in the country! 9th! St Johnstone 20th and Dundee United 23rd.

Are you seriously claiming that Dundee are the 4th biggest team in the country, while Dundee United are 23rd? :lol:

What was the story there? I don't remember it - when and why did he say he had a wife and kids?

I don't know either - hard to imagine circumstances when it would be ok to do so either - he's starts frothing at the mouth when you mention it though :lol:

?

It's quite simple really, Paul knows he underachieved for us last season for various reasons.

As a result we've not renewed his contract and he's signed (in his opinion)for a lesser club.

There was a thread about summer football and my argument was that attendances wouldn't be greatly improved as people would rather take the wife and kids elsewhere on a braw summers day, including me. It was crystal clear what I meant to everyone apart from a few utter thickos. For some reason they think they are winding me up over it despite it being glaringly obvious it's them who people are laughing at. The funniest part is that I'm not actually married but I have a girlfriend and two boys :1eye

So I made a comment about Scott Vernon choosing Shrewsbury over Dundee and therefore Shrewsbury > Dundee. This resulted in Fifespud calling me a paedophile and a "kiddy-fiddler", which was reported to the mods and fifespud was warned because of it. He's taken this REALLY badly and has started following me about the forum where him and perma-thicko DeeMan attempt to wind me up.

So basically, thick c***s seething at me.

Fair enough IMO - not quite the funny story I was hoping for mind you, more of a non-story!

I remember the good old days, when you could actually look at a thread and read some decent info about possible signing targets. This sight is now infested with trolls. Pathetic stuff and its no coincidence that many decent posters now body swerve P&B.

Archived