The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitehill deserves the win. Played good football at times and we never got going. Resorted to the long ball which didn't work, and a tree across the other side of the pitch moved about as much as DL did until he was hooked for Russell, who put a shift in. None of the trialists, bar the left back and Willis in the middle, stood out really. He was decent. Gold and Ross Gray were good, and Lee Currie was reasonable until he came off at half time. Hard to judge given the amount of trialists.. Most of which didn't stand out for trying to win a contract.

Pretty much echo everything the big man's laddie says above.

Missing Lavery, Notman, Miller, Cameron, Jacobs, Maxwell and Bald, but a well-deserved win for WW nonetheless.Only one team looked like they were interested in winning, and it was'nt us. We need a real step up in intensity for when the competitive season starts.WW were more impressive than Spartans and yet again, McIntosh impressed up top for them as did their big no. 8.

Tulloch looked class in his 45m, Lee Currie was busy, Ross Gray played well and er, that's it. Willis set up a tap in for Carse with a barnstorming charge through the WW defence, & McKenzie worked hard, but the other trialists (Liam Dunn, the right back Alex Bauld???, and Dean Horobine, both ex-Hibs) failed to impress) .Dalziel played an hour but lacked match sharpness. Let's hope that's not a permanent state of affairs this season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the quality of trialist has been, frankly, shite. Why is that? Is it because the management team just does'nt have the knowledge or contacts, or we're not paying enough? Or it might just be that people are holding out for the best deal. It was suggested last night that both Dutot and Sutherland may be back for Saturday's game v the Pars, and hopefully there'll be other new faces too, but there needs to be a step up in quality otherwise the only decent add-on is going to be Scott Maxwell.

No need to panic just yet, but it's hard to avoid the conclusion that the club isn't looking far beyond the Fife clubs and Hibs for potential signings. The Spartans left back impressed against us, yet no sign of him being on the radar. Teams need to refresh their squads for all sorts of reasons, not least to improve the quality and keep supporters interested. Here's hoping that our rebuilding is still a work in progress.

Have you guys signed Paul Willis yet?

Don't think so. Been one of the better trialists so far, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. Don't think he would add anything to the current squad either to be honest - Gray & Maxwell are in the boss seats for the wide midfield positions, with the 2 Curries, Cameron, Notman and Miller & Gold battling it out for the central midfield slots. Don't see the point in signing him when our priorities are another centre-back (Dutot!), left back and striker (Suarez).

Hearing this morning that Paul Willis has signed. Hope I'm proven wrong, but seriously underwhelmed. Re-signing Lee Currie was brilliant business, but it needs to be backed up with other quality signings. Maxwell apart, there are'nt any.

There's general agreement among supporters that we need a left-back and another centre-half. And a striker. Let's be having you.

Hearing this morning that Paul Willis has signed. Hope I'm proven wrong, but seriously underwhelmed. Re-signing Lee Currie was brilliant business, but it needs to be backed up with other quality signings. Maxwell apart, there are'nt any.

There's general agreement among supporters that we need a left-back and another centre-half. And a striker. Let's be having you.

He's confirmed it on his Twitter account.

Is it just me amazed that some of our players are either still on holiday, or are jetting off on holiday today for 2 weeks? I know it's semi-pro, but still.

To be fair id be fuming if it was at us, that's a joke.

Is it just me amazed that some of our players are either still on holiday, or are jetting off on holiday today for 2 weeks? I know it's semi-pro, but still.

To be fair to Ben Miller, he was meant to be leaving on Tuesday but, having read twitter, took his expired passport and couldn't fly.

But yes, couldn't agree more. Lavery, Miller, both on holiday. They have had the whole of June and even the first week in July to go.

To be fair to Ben Miller, he was meant to be leaving on Tuesday but, having read twitter, took his expired passport and couldn't fly.

But yes, couldn't agree more. Lavery, Miller, both on holiday. They have had the whole of June and even the first week in July to go.

I don't see how that's any better, just means he misses 2 more training sessions

Is Jordyn Sheerin still on trial with you?? Absolute horrendous player. We signed him from Arbroath in John Coughlin's first season when we could only afford to pay £30 & £15 wages and he was still stealing a wage....even then!!

The only player I have come across who would openly flaunt the fact that he would go out on the ran dan the night before a game, eat all sorts of garbage before getting up and heading straight for a game.

I remember having a debate with a couple of fans about what would be more effective upfront, Sheerin or a Traffic Cone and we all decided that traffic come would be better....just as he scored his first goal for us haha.

Honestly, unless he has changed then he's a player CC should steer well clear of, hard to believe his uncle is Paul Sheerin.

Thought it was just that Millers holiday was 11 days now and not 2 weeks. Whatever, he was just breaking into the team at the end of last season. Good preseason and he could have been pushing for a start. Any preseason work will now go to waste. I'd like to think he isn't getting paid for a couple weeks anyway.

No idea what the situation is with Lavery.

Archived