The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

Holy f**k. David Gold, who seems to have been pish in the worst QP side for years, and now the completely forgotten and, on the evidence of his displays for the fish fondlers, invisible man Fraser McLaren.

I'm hoping both are the figment of a kestrel super strength-soaked imagination. If not, the trapdoor has our name tattooed on it in permanent marker pen.

Any chance the board can release some funds for good players who don't have a previous connection with us or Cowden? Live a little, experiment, take risks. f**k's sake, there are plenty of players out there that haven't played for is before

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't seem to spread our net far, it has to be said. It's starting to get a bit worrying. Are we spreading our wage bill too widely by insisting on this reserve team?

Holy f**k. David Gold, who seems to have been pish in the worst QP side for years, and now the completely forgotten and, on the evidence of his displays for the fish fondlers, invisible man Fraser McLaren. I'm hoping both are the figment of a kestrel super strength-soaked imagination. If not, the trapdoor has our name tattooed on it in permanent marker pen. Any chance the board can release some funds for good players who don't have a previous connection with us or Cowden? Live a little, experiment, take risks. f**k's sake, there are plenty of players out there that haven't played for is before

I hear the infamous strike duo of John Ferguson and Damon Gray could make a return too having both had spells at the club before, as it's the 'in thing' to do at Shielfield. Ferguson fitting the bill well, having also played for Cowden.

#BringFraserHome

Have to admit that all I'd heard of Gold was negative but he's a point to prove and I'll judge him once I've seen him play. We apparently had a few trialists so it's worth waiting till Tuesday/Saturday when we've heard a little more before panicking.

On another note, I see Bald isn't in them pictures online. He's probably still hungover from the end of season do.

Apparently not from what I've heard.

Mind, let's give Gold a chance. Last season was his first senior football. He went to Cowden after Queens so people obviously seeing something in him even if he hasn't shown it yet. We've had players in the past who have turned good with experience. Ben Miller looked like a different player at the end of the season compared to the odd appearance he was making at the start of the season.

If we've got players on trial who're good, they're probably not the kind of player who's going to sign so early in pre-season.

Thoroughly underwhelming pre-season news - so far. (Maxwell excepted). The only glimmer of hope regarding McLaren is that Peterhead fans seemed to like him, albeit as a sub.

Someone needs to remind the club about McLarens hopelessly inept and embarrassing display at East Fife in the play-offs just over a year ago. He was quite indescribably shite after several months of just being piss-poor.

Just to get into the spirit of things, reports saying that Bruno da Silva was today seen walking up Shielfield Terrace wearing a mankini and a stetson.

Any idea of the date of the Queens Park game yet? Fancy combining it with some Commonwealth Games event but could so with finding out what day it's on.

Archived